Clone showing up in html address

When SEO is turned on and I clone a product and remove the word clone in the new name and finish the touches on this revised item. When I check it from my home page I now have the word clone in the url. But if I turn off SEO and do the same thing the word clone is not in the url.

1 ) I can turn off the SEO just to create these items and then turn it back on after. But how to I fix the current ones that already have clone in the url.

I have turned SEO off and back on and hit clean up the catalog in SEO. Still have the same issue.

Example url:http://www.cutritefx.com/store/mini-cooper-graphics/mini-cooper-stripes-custom-vinyl-graphics-clone-2.html

I am also getting url’s like this: Is this normal?

http://www.cutritefx.com/store/side-body-graphics/custom-vinyl-graphics-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21.html

Someone may want to move this thread to SEO… Sorry

How do you reset what SEO makes the html come out to be?

I have disabled it and uninstalled it and re installed the addon

I have changed the name of all the product names and still having issues.

Now even get longer url’s that do not work

http://www.cutritefx.com/store/custom-vinyl-graphics-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26

-27-28-29-30-31-32-33-34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42-43-44-45-46-47-48

-49-50-51-52-53-54-55-56-57-58-59-60-61-62-63-64-65-66-67-68-69-70

-71-72-73-74-75-76-77-78-79-80-81.html

I am thinking this is due to when I first setup the store I created a master item and just cloned it and then changed the info in the cloned item.

Any ideas?

If you delete the SEO name and save, what kind of name does it give you?

If the product names are all the same then this is normal.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]If you delete the SEO name and save, what kind of name does it give you?

If the product names are all the same then this is normal.[/QUOTE]

Not really sure what you mean. I tried removing the page title and got the same result. Could not remove product name. But did change it to “1” and ended up with the same url like above.

When you are in the product details page, select “Addons” and erase the SEO name then save. A new name will be generated.

SEO is only generated from the product name.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]When you are in the product details page, select “Addons” and erase the SEO name then save. A new name will be generated.

SEO is only generated from the product name.[/QUOTE]

Ok before I read your post. I went into mysql admin. Which no one should ever do unless you know what you are looking for. And I really didn’t But I did find seo_names

and then looked under name and there I saw several pages like

1 custom-vinyl-graphics1

1 custom-vinyl-graphics2-3-4

Something like that. I backed up the database and emptied cscart_seo_names. Then turned back on SEO and now the names seem to be fixed.

Not sure really what happen but that is what I got.

Someone let me know if I made it worse.

You did it right. That’s the easiest way when you have many to change.

The problem was that the SEO name was generated when you cloned the product and it will not change unless you delete or change it yourself.

i have a problem too.

1 custom-vinyl-graphics1

1 custom-vinyl-graphics2-3-4

1 custom-vinyl-graphics2-3-4-5

can we put a seo name like this

1 custom-vinyl-graphics-1

1 custom-vinyl-graphics-2

1 custom-vinyl-graphics-3

1 custom-vinyl-graphics-4

1 custom-vinyl-graphics-5

1 custom-vinyl-graphics-30

because for example customer says html pages the others its so dificult. if like this soo useful from everybody i think.