Clearing Cache

How often do you clear the cache on the admin panel for your store? Do you have any customers complaining that they have problems ordering if you don't?

I usually set up a cron job to clear the cache at set intervals of 1 week, otherwise I clear it whenever I find any issues, usually - but not always - caused by 3rd party addons.

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]How often do you clear the cache on the admin panel for your store?[/font][/color][/quote]

Absolutely Never unless changes are being made to our site specifically requiring us to do so! Unlike the old days, & with the recent improvements to the cache system, I no longer find it beneficial to clear the cache.

Thank you both for your replies,

I had my store set up by a 3rd party so I'm not so great at managing it myself.

I keep having to clear the cache on my store or customers cannot add items to the cart or complete an order.

Stellabytes Can you tell me what the Cron Job is? Can you advice me what I should do so I don't have to clear the cache every day? ( at least this seems to be the problem!)

For starters, you will need to mention what version of CS-Cart you are actually running?