Cleared Cache and lost website

Need some help with this weird problem. All was working OK till I did a clear cache with url /admin.php?cc and result that both the site frontend and admin is gone… I now get a blank page for both the pages…

Please help/suggest what happened and how to get the site back.

TIA

Probably permissions to /var/compiled/ and /var/cached/

J

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Probably permissions to /var/compiled/ and /var/cached/

J[/QUOTE]

Both are set for 777. Also folder under compiled are set for 777… Jesse help me out.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Probably permissions to /var/compiled/ and /var/cached/

J[/QUOTE]

It seems that the blocks are gone…is there a way to get the blocks back? You can see what is happening. What i did that coped the compiled folder from backup and then it started to show section but still hoem page is gone

Also in admin all sections are not showing

If you deleted the blocks, well there goes everything pre-2.1.x

You still don’t have the permissions correct - Who is your webhost and what are the CHMOD permissions on /images/ and /core/ at this time?

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]If you deleted the blocks, well there goes everything pre-2.1.x

You still don’t have the permissions correct - Who is your webhost and what are the CHMOD permissions on /images/ and /core/ at this time?[/QUOTE]

Did not delete the blocks… rather was adding hot deals block. images & core are set to 777. It’s dedicated server with codero.

Send me your login details so that I can check it, if you cleared the cache, it’s most likely your ‘copy’ that is stopping overwrites.

J.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Send me your login details so that I can check it, if you cleared the cache, it’s most likely your ‘copy’ that is stopping overwrites.

J.[/QUOTE]

PMed

[quote name=‘coder’]PMed[/quote]

Fixed.

Your webhost has disabled CHMOD via FTP

You will need to contact them in the event that you do require a refresh in order for them to reassign the correct permissions.

CHMOD 777 is require for ALL FOLDERS under the following paths

/var/compiled/

/var/cache/*

Files should be automatically created as ‘644’ however they may change depending on the server requirements.

J.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Fixed.

Your webhost has disabled CHMOD via FTP

You will need to contact them in the event that you do require a refresh in order for them to reassign the correct permissions.

CHMOD 777 is require for ALL FOLDERS under the following paths

/var/compiled/

/var/cache/*

Files should be automatically created as ‘644’ however they may change depending on the server requirements.

J.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate if you can share what you did to fix the problem. I will check with the host provider for the permissions. Thanks a lot for the help.

[quote name=‘coder’]Appreciate if you can share what you did to fix the problem. I will check with the host provider for the permissions. Thanks a lot for the help.[/quote]

I did just above… In fact my first response was the answer.

CHMOD is disallowed under those folders using FTP, need them to assign them manually.

J.