Clear Cache Problem

If I manually clear the cache I get the following errors on the front end and back end for a while. I dont ever remember this happening before and am concerened that my customers also see such errors is this correct behaviour V3.0.6

Thanks

John

Warning: dir(/home/hiviscou/public_html/var/cache/registry/settings) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/hiviscou/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 497

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /home/hiviscou/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 498

Warning: dir(/home/hiviscou/public_html/var/cache/registry/settings) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/hiviscou/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 497

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /home/hiviscou/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 498

John,

It seems permissions on /var directory where changed. Are you sure this directory and all subdirecories has 777 permissions now?

Have you contacted the hosting about this?

They are 755 ? I havent changed the though, host have added a new disc last night maybe they changed something, I will change them now

Have you contacted the hosting about this?

Am in the process now, the server has gone very slow since they changed it over also, mail problems

I have changed to 777 and recursed and now can get in admin OK Thanks

Strange though as my other sites have cache set to 755 in all directories under cache

I have other issues now that he server is running at a crawl pace....grrrrrr! but host is looking into it.

If it comes not to be a server issue, you can contact us for examination https://simtechdev.com/helpdesk