Chronic problem of adding to the shopping cart

I have searched the posts and have seen that this problem has been fixed, but I still have issues.

I just got a call from a customer that was experiencing the chronic problem of adding to the shopping cart but when they checkout nothing is there. I cleaned the catalog and asked the customer to reboot his machine…this did not clear the problem. I believe this is the reason for the lack of business as I’m sure that many customers just give up and go to another website. I need to find out how to stop this problem.

Are others having this issue and is there are fix? Can someone put me in the right direction.

I can not repeat the issue on the 4 machines I have with all different operating systems, anti-virus, and browsers.

Version 2.0.15

[quote name=‘Golfcart’]I have searched the posts and have seen that this problem has been fixed, but I still have issues.

I just got a call from a customer that was experiencing the chronic problem of adding to the shopping cart but when they checkout nothing is there. I cleaned the catalog and asked the customer to reboot his machine…this did not clear the problem. I believe this is the reason for the lack of business as I’m sure that many customers just give up and go to another website. I need to find out how to stop this problem.

Are others having this issue and is there are fix? Can someone put me in the right direction.

I can not repeat the issue on the 4 machines I have with all different operating systems, anti-virus, and browsers.

Version 2.0.15[/QUOTE]

Hello Golfcart,

This can be a very tricky problem to troubleshoot as you are already realizing!

My past experiences with the “empty cart” issue seems to have been related to customers using older browser versions while ordering, I believe (although not absolutely certain) that IE versions 6 and older have created this issue at times.

If you are talking to a customer with some technical savy, sometimes you can pull off asking them to upgrade their version of IE, of course this is a hit & miss option & most of the time we end up taking the order over the phone…

This used to be mentioned much more frequently here in the forums, although it has definately subsided & is seldom mentioned I noticed. It may be due to the fact that more & more users have upgraded to IE8.

I would also search the bugtracker because there were some posts regarding this like several months back, perhaps you will find a tip or two.

Hello,

The person may not have cookies enabled.

I just disabled cookies on my browser and tried to order on a cs-cart (mine and 2.1) and it just says “Your cart is empty”. I have another cart and I get the message, “This store requires the use of “cookies”. Please turn on your browser’s cookie support and then try again”. This cart can detect if a person has cookies enabled or not. It does not appear that cs-cart does this.

This can be one reason nothing is added to the cart.

Bob

Good thoughts Bob!

Here is some more thought regarding this which you may find helpful (scroll to the last post in this thread) :

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15792&highlight=empty+cart[/url]

I tried to block all cookies and that will stop the cart from working, but it will stop all buying on the internet. The people that have complained about my web site have purchased items form other sites and seem to have the problem only with mine.

I tried the compatibility mode change and the Enable third-party browser extensions, but can not get it to dump my cart.

I need to make sure I ask what browser version they are using and what anti-virus they have.

You Disabled “Enable third-party browser extensions” right?

Out of nothing more than curiosity, I just checked & then disabled this option on my IE 8 as it was enabled prior.

Yes - to the disable