Checkout page is so slowly!

I have done some initial testing and the results are encouraging - both initial page loads and reloads generally improved with the new caching. The exceptions were the cart (checkout.cart) and order details (order.details) pages - both took slightly longer to longer to load. However the checkout (checkout.checkout) page was a bit faster to load with the new caching and more than compensated for the slower orders.detail page. I am going to test some more to see if these behaviors are consistent.

Hopefully, others can provide some additional data points.

Bob

Just curious if anyone else has tested the new caching. What kind of results are you seeing?

Bob

I’ll try it ASAP, must wait until night comes…

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Just curious if anyone else has tested the new caching. What kind of results are you seeing?

Bob[/QUOTE]

Definate & very substantial speed improvements with this new cache method, nice work Zeke!

Just to put it into perspective, I have been running smartoptimizer for several months & just the other day decided to try 2.0.14 without smartoptimizer to see if I fealt it was still needed with the latest CS-Cart release. Our site was 2-3 times slower without smartoptimizer so within 30 minutes I added it back! So, to test Zeke’s new cache method, I first had to completely disable Smartoptimizer to get realistic comparison speed tests, and so far it appears that this new cache method has given us equal page load times as what we were seeing with smartoptimizer!

(Initial home page loads in the 1/2 second range, day in, day out.)

I will continue running our live store with the new cache method & report back, but so far it appears to be an excellent improvement to the core release! :wink:

UPDATE:

After an hour or so, our initial homepage load time has risen back up to approx 3 seconds (from less than 1/2 second when Smartoptimizer was installed & activated)! Once the site was initially loaded, then page speed is good on all pages, it is just that the initial homepage load in the 3 second range is not acceptable. IMO, the initial homepage load time is the most important of all, so I have reactivated smartoptimizer and all is fine again. I was really hoping Zeke’s cache change would allow us to no longer need Smartoptimizer…

So, to get straight to the point, this new method appeared to be a great improvement other than the initial page load time for first entering our site. If this could be improved upon in this new cache method, then it would be an excellent improvement!

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Just curious if anyone else has tested the new caching. What kind of results are you seeing?

Bob[/QUOTE]

This is amazing in that there have been multitudes of posts of CS-Cart site speed as well as Cache related issues, yet only two people have even checked out Zeke’s new cache method!

This is a very important issue CS-Cart friends & more input is truly needed!

PS: It is truly a 5 Minute (or less if you really know what your doing) job to upload this single file & clear your cache to test it out! :wink:

[quote name=‘Struck’]This is amazing in that there have been multitudes of posts of CS-Cart site speed as well as Cache related issues, yet only two people have even checked out Zeke’s new cache method!

This is a very important issue CS-Cart friends & more input is truly needed!

PS: It is truly a 5 Minute (or less if you really know what your doing) job to upload this single file & clear your cache to test it out! ;)[/QUOTE]

Zeke’s new cache file should have it’s own post by him in a “new code” section of the website or something. I pretty much stopped reading this thread for a few days, ignoring it when it was on my “New Posts” list. I just happened to glance at it now and I’m glad I did, or I’d have never even known about this new cache file.

Having said that, I’ll try it but my site isn’t completed yet and so far I haven’t experienced any major speed issues while designing/modifying the site so I’m not sure if I’ll have any good input to provide.

[quote name=‘adodric’]Zeke’s new cache file should have it’s own post by him in a “new code” section of the website or something. I pretty much stopped reading this thread for a few days, ignoring it when it was on my “New Posts” list. I just happened to glance at it now and I’m glad I did, or I’d have never even known about this new cache file.

Having said that, I’ll try it but my site isn’t completed yet and so far I haven’t experienced any major speed issues while designing/modifying the site so I’m not sure if I’ll have any good input to provide.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had a feeling this one could easily become un-noticed considering the thread title, etc.

Glad you did notice this Adodric as I am sure your comments will be beneficial as they always are! :wink:

Hopefully, zeke will see this and post a separate thread about the the new caching scheme. Maybe people will then take notice and try it out.

Bob

Hi all.

What is the best forum to start new thread do you think? I think that’s “Labs” forum, but it’s not accessible to anyone.

BTW, you can try to use http://webo.name instead of smartoptimizer.

Zeke, who has access to the labs forum? If it is just those with a cs-cart license, maybe that is all you need. You can’t test some of these “beta” changes/mods unless you have a license.

But, this is what I initially thought; to have under labs section.

Bob

[quote name=‘zeke’]Hi all.

What is the best forum to start new thread do you think? I think that’s “Labs” forum, but it’s not accessible to anyone.[/QUOTE]

I think the labs forum would be good. I check this forum daily and only found your cache post today.

I get the error below on all my pages when I tried to use Zeke’s new Caching method.

Fatal error: Class ‘PDO’ not found in /home/p2p/public_html/cart/core/class.registry.php on line 297

[quote name=‘zeke’]

What is the best forum to start new thread do you think? I think that’s “Labs” forum, but it’s not accessible to anyone.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the version 2.x “Labs section” would be a good place for the new thread.

Agreed - that labs forum would be good since this is really an “experiment”. I visit there daily too.

Bob

Done :slight_smile:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=81641#post81641[/url]

[quote name=‘zeke’]BTW, you can try to use http://webo.name instead of smartoptimizer.[/QUOTE]

Zeke have you tested WEBO with CS-Cart?

zoujun2046,

Can you, or anyone else, tell me how you looked to see what was causing th edelay? In other words, what tool/method did you use to determine the process was running thru the 9,000 files. I am having slow checkout issues despite clearing the cache. Mainly on applying a coupon or switching payment method.

Thanks!

I have upload Zekes file and its work ok now!

Thanks! Really faster! )