Checkout not working for 3rd store in V3.0.3

I am going nuts trying to find this bug - please help. I have V3.0.3 Ultimate edition. All works quite good. If I add a new store, the “Billing and Shipping Address” step during checkout is gone. Checkout as guest does not work any more. If you select “Checkout as guest” during checkout, it skips the “Billing and Shipping Address” page. Goes direct to step 3 “Shipping Options”. After selecting one, and clicking Continue, it takes you back to step 1. Trying to sign in during checkout also does not work, and the “Billing and Shipping Address” step is missing. Ony 3 step in stead of 4. All works fine for 1st and 2nd store.

I have tried many things.

• Did a fresh V3.0.3 install. Created a new shop. Same thing. Second shop (ACME demo) works fine.

• Removed second demo shop (ACME), but still same thing. Thought maybe there is a limit to 2 shops, and need to buy extra license for 3rd shop. I noticed in database after deleting ACME shop, my new shop still has store ID of 3. Is CS Cart maybe still blocking it, and thinking it is the 3rd site (need extra licencse)?

• Tried with “single page” and “multi page” checkout.

• Created a 4th store. Same problem as 2nd store.

• Tried with heaps of other stuff. Created extra payment and shipping modules. Changed settings… Always the same.

• When I sign in during checkout, the “Billing and Shipping Address” step is missing too.

How many storefronts did you license your Ultimate version for? Standard is 2. Additional require further licensing. Have you checked with the helpdesk related to this problem?

Hi, yes I have a license for two. I did the standard V3.0.3 install. It installs 2 demo stores. I then created a new store, and deleted the demo one. I now only have two stores again showing in my admin panel. But, the id of the stores are 1 and 3. The demo was ID 2. Could this be a bug wth CS-Cart, that if your web store ID is higher then 2 it disables it? It is impossible to change the id of the store. If you delete all stores so you only have one left, and then add a new store, it still will not assign it an ID of 2, seeing that the shop ID (company_id) is an AUTO_INCREMENT in mysql, and is always incremented each time you create a new store.

Does any one have a store with ID higher than 2, and does checkout work? If not, could someone maybe try adding a store and test if it works when the ID is higher than 2?

[quote name=‘djhosken’ timestamp=‘1349772927’ post=‘146680’]

Hi, yes I have a license for two. I did the standard V3.0.3 install. It installs 2 demo stores. I then created a new store, and deleted the demo one. I now only have two stores again showing in my admin panel. But, the id of the stores are 1 and 3. The demo was ID 2. Could this be a bug wth CS-Cart, that if your web store ID is higher then 2 it disables it? It is impossible to change the id of the store. If you delete all stores so you only have one left, and then add a new store, it still will not assign it an ID of 2, seeing that the shop ID (company_id) is an AUTO_INCREMENT in mysql, and is always incremented each time you create a new store.

Does any one have a store with ID higher than 2, and does checkout work? If not, could someone maybe try adding a store and test if it works when the ID is higher than 2?

[/quote]

Hi there,

I made a test on my localhost. Video about the storefront adding is here: [media]- YouTube

Please note, that I made a mistake at the first time, because I did not change the htaccess file of the additional storefront, but after fixing this problem, the ordering process worked for me fine!

Regards,

Istvan

Youtube note: The video is uploading at the moment :)

Store numbers is not your problem. My store numbers are 1 and 4 and all is working for me with two licenses.

Thanks for video, it helped a LOT!!!

I got it to work. When creating a new shop, the errors I mentioned occur if you do not select “Copy existing store configuration”. I created a new store with this option enabled(as in your video), and it now works.

I still think this is a bug. When creating a new store without “Copy existing store configuration” enabled, the new store seems to be fine. But, during checkout it does not work - see first message for errors that occur.

If you find bugs, please report them in the bugtracker. They won't be noticed here.

Seems like it is a bug that occurs when creating a new store, and not selecting “Copy existing store configuration”. I got following reply from support:

[quote]

It seems that this problem occurs because the Profile Fields page is not shared for the created storefront. You need to share profile fields for all your stores. To do it you should take these steps:

1. In the administration panel of your store, go to Customers > Profile Fields.
  2. Click on the Edit link of the necessary profile field.
  3. Open the Shared tab and add the necessary stores by clicking on the Add Stores link.

Also you can execute the following SQL query to your database:

REPLACE INTO cscart_ult_objects_sharing (`share_company_id`, `share_object_id`, `share_object_type`) SELECT company_id, field_id, 'profile_fields' FROM cscart_profile_fields INNER JOIN cscart_companies;

in order to share profile fields for all your stores.

[/quote]

Thank you so much to everyone for posting this, this saved me from a nervous breakdown tonight!