checkout leaving..

[quote name=‘Darius’]This would not be a turn off if card were stolen?

As a seller I am 90% happy with PayPal (I hate how they handle disputes), as a buyer 100%

I share with paypal only virtual debit card, this means it can be used only online and only money amount I load to it.[/QUOTE]

to use paypal only with the balance of cash on it, is unrealistic.

sooner or later you have to use paypal to process a credit card

stolen cards are a completely different issue. if the card is stolen paypal’s system would already have been notified many times by the time the thief tries to use it.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Authorize.net has an option to varify the address of the customer to make sure it matches the credit card. I am not exactly sure how it works, but I know it does. I am not sure if it really matters, but if a credit card number is stollen this is a pretty good additional security.

I guess basically the thief would have to know:

1 - The Number

2 - The Experation Date

3 - The CVV Number

4 - The Billing Address of the person

Obviously if the thief stole someone’s whole wallet they could possibly have the persons driver’s license and know all this information, but at least for me I doubt I would see this person on my store. You never know, but I can’t see a thief stealing a wallet or purse and then going online to purchase aquarium supplies to be sent to their home or other way of tracing it back to them. I could be wrong, but I hope I’m not.

Just my 2 cents.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

i agree with you … the issue i was talking about is that paypal can sometimes put you in situations where you lose sales because of how the system works.

[quote name=‘bschiett’]to use paypal only with the balance of cash on it, is unrealistic.

sooner or later you have to use paypal to process a credit card

stolen cards are a completely different issue. if the card is stolen paypal’s system would already have been notified many times by the time the thief tries to use it.[/QUOTE]

You understood wrong. I mean I would not add my own credit card to paypal profile, I use virtual visa (it gives no credit, you can use only amount you load to it) for this. All this money freeze, withdraw reversals are scary stuff.

[quote name=‘Darius’]You understood wrong. I mean I would not add my own credit card to paypal profile, I use virtual visa (it gives no credit, you can use only amount you load to it) for this. All this money freeze, withdraw reversals are scary stuff.[/QUOTE]

i perfectly understood you … my point was that people often have their credit card added to paypal.

[quote name=‘bschiett’]i agree with you … the issue i was talking about is that paypal can sometimes put you in situations where you lose sales because of how the system works.[/QUOTE]

That is why using paypal alone as payment method on your site will not cut it, you need to give your customers other options of payment. Accepting credit cards on your site is a must have and should be your number one payment method paypal should be a second option.

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]That is why using paypal alone as payment method on your site will not cut it, you need to give your customers other options of payment. Accepting credit cards on your site is a must have and should be your number one payment method paypal should be a second option.[/QUOTE]

i agree… i am looking around now for a merchant account, unfortunately there are not a lot of options in cs-cart for the region I’m in (belgium / europe)

I have this same problem. The problem is when they select Paypal as an option. They are sent to paypal’s website. They are given an option to login to their existing paypal account of they have one. Or over to the left they will see a link that will give them an option to continue with out a paypal account. Most users don’t even notice this option. They think they have to sign up for a paypal account and just end up leaving. Which in turn leaves the order status as open. I wish this could be the default option where it would just show the order info and ask them for their credit card.

If anyone knows how to implement this then please let us know.

Here is a screen shot of what the user sees when they click on paypal then select continue.

This is what they see after they get to paypal’s website. You can note that I have circled where the user would have to click in order to continue with out using a paypal account. Like I said MANY users just leave at this point.

Have you tried the Paypal “Express” payment method?

Paypal created the Express payment method to allow customers to pay via paypal seamlessly without leaving your site!

The “original” Paypal payment system is an outdated, antiquated, bubblegum system which I absolutely hated and which causes exactly the problems you are now having because your customers have to leave your site to pay!

[quote name=‘Stuck’]Have you tried the Paypal “Express” payment method?

Paypal created the Express payment method to allow customers to pay via paypal seamlessly without leaving your site!

The “original” Paypal payment system is an outdated, antiquated, bubblegum system which I absolutely hated and which causes exactly the problems you are now having because your customers have to leave your site to pay![/QUOTE]

it’s not available outside the UK or the US.

[QUOTE]it’s not available outside the UK or the US.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for explaining that to me bschiett.

I remember all of these similar hassles we experienced in years past before switching to the paypal express method and could not figure out why anyone in there right mind would still be using the old style paypal system, so that explains why! Hopefully paypal will expand the express payment method to users in other countries as well as I can only sympathize for anyone forced into using the old fashioned paypal system! :confused:

[quote name=‘Stuck’]Thank you for explaining that to me bschiett.

I remember all of these similar hassles we experienced in years past before switching to the paypal express method and could not figure out why anyone in there right mind would still be using the old style paypal system, so that explains why! Hopefully paypal will expand the express payment method to users in other countries as well as I can only sympathize for anyone forced into using the old fashioned paypal system! :confused:[/QUOTE]

it’s the downside of being in the EU and not being in the UK. no paypal merchant stuff, no google checkout. so i’m looking into other options now. i’m not a big fan of paypal.

[quote name=‘bschiett’]it’s the downside of being in the EU and not being in the UK. no paypal merchant stuff, no google checkout. so i’m looking into other options now. i’m not a big fan of paypal.[/QUOTE]

I am from Lithuania and am successfully using Express checkout of a year now.

Maybe you do not know how to set it up?

Go to profile > API Access > Enable Express Checkout to accept payments from your online stores right away. You can set up API permissions or credentials later.

View API Certificate > Request API certificate

Let me know how things go…

I am wrong

[url]http://www.paypal.be/be/[/url]

and

[url]http://www.paypal.com/lt/[/url]

are very different. Belgium paypal does not have menu section “Products”

[url]https://www.paypal.com/lt/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_products-services-outside&nav=3[/url] were paypal express is described.

[quote name=‘Stuck’]Have you tried the Paypal “Express” payment method?

The “original” Paypal payment system is an outdated, antiquated, bubblegum system which I absolutely hated and which causes exactly the problems you are now having because your customers have to leave your site to pay![/QUOTE]

I switched the payment to paypal express.

I entered my username password and Certificate filename.

I had already went into paypal and set it up.

Now during checkout they are sent to paypal website just like before.

Now they don’t have the option to continue without a paypal account.

They are just sent to the paypal page where it ask for their username and pass.

I must have something wrong setup. Not sure what it is.

[quote name=‘CutRiteFX’]I switched the payment to paypal express.

I entered my username password and Certificate filename.

I had already went into paypal and set it up.

Now during checkout they are sent to paypal website just like before.

Now they don’t have the option to continue without a paypal account.

They are just sent to the paypal page where it ask for their username and pass.

I must have something wrong setup. Not sure what it is.[/QUOTE]

Nope, everything is correct. PayPal express checkout works only with paypal account holders, you cannot pay with credit card without paypal account as with paypal website payment standard.

Paypal express checkout is alternative to standard checkout. With it customer can place order without registering on your web. Shipping address is used from PayPal user profile.

Great, Thanks for clearing that up.

Scotty

am i the only one having this issue? problems with paypal continues, I have been looking for a solution , asking for a fix, and come back to this forum over and over but I have read no fix so far.

The thing is that if a customer selects paypal as payment in my site and changes his mind at the last second and does not pay, the order is still placed, it is “open” yet neither the seller nor the customer gets a message.

I realized this was happening by entering admin, otherwise I’d never know the order even exists.

You have no idea the sales I’m losing because of this,my store is new so probably people think it twice when reaching the final step: the payment. yet if they receive a polite order confirmation message and the indication that they can complete the order at any time by entering their customer panel, this might convince them. if they do not receive any message at all, they automatically think they just didn’t place the order and most do not go thru the steps again, they just go away. Those few who come back, make a second order which it is totally unnecessary and with less items than before. So I lose, lose and lose all the way.

I contacted cs-cart support team for this issue and here it is the answer:

“Unfortunately it is a default CS-cart functionality. There is no ability to get an email notification in this case in default CS-Cart.

I have forwarded your request as a suggestion to our architects. Most probably it will be changed into one of our nearest versions of CS-Cart.

Sorry for possible inconveniences.”

So this means I either upgrade or stay like this? I am not thinking of upgrading to a totally new version, I have done many changes to the current version and I still have not tried 2.0. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but don’t you think this is a very serious problem that deserves a real solution not this answer?

It is not a silly matter, I do not ask for a design change or a super mega special mod very complex and difficult to make.

If an order is made and stays open, how come the customer is not going to know this?

Please, if anyone can help me , I’d truly appreciate it.

hello,

I’m same problem (if user click “pay order now” and arrive to paypal, and close paypal windows, so order statut is “open”) and I lost my user.

I created an order statut : “Standby order, you can pay again” = J

When I see an order “open”

I select this statut and I notify to user

So user have an email, with a link to access to his order, and pay again!

It’s not automatic, but you can send your little message, with order links…

For me, I never saved an order with it…:wink:

Hope help you.

By

gg96, thank you for the reply and the idea.

It’s a partial solution while we find a fix. That way you do not lose the customer entirely. The bad thing is that you have to do that manually and you have to constantly check which orders are open not because they selected “money transfer” but because they didn’t complete payment thru paypal.

Imagine you get lucky and get 30 orders or 50 per day. Will you click one by one just to find out which case it is?

well, come to think of it, you can also find out by looking at the emails you got and the ones you didn’t get.

But all this can be avoided I’m sure with a few lines code. I’m so sorry I don’t know about coding!!!:frowning:

In fact i’d be perfect if someone can provide a code so that when the client fails to pay thru paypal but he doesn’t hit “go back to store” the order is changed to “J” and not to “O” so the customer gets the “J” order notification.

what do you think,gg96?

until now i had not noticed a second problem with paypal checkout. I

f the customer does not complete payment, we all know he won’t get an order confirmation nor will the seller (problem 1) but if you send him a message and he decides to complete the order and pays for it thru paypal, a new order is created with the payment!!!:o (problem 2) I do not understand it!

I have order 195 as “open” and the order 205 “processed” They are both the same, only that it was duplicated when the client paid.

Anyone else experiencing this???