checkout leaving..

hi,

i’d like to understand better where in the checkout my customers are leaving.

is there a way to see at what point they leave? I have the impression a lot in the cart is done with ajax, and once the customers enters paypal there is no more information about if he leaves or not.

b

I’m not quite sure if I am following you, but I recently had a similar problem.

I had a customer complete an order on my store and choose to use Paypal. The problem is the customer never went through the Paypal procedure. Now the order is just “Open” and no payment has been made. I emailed the customer to try and figure the order out, but for now I just wait.

So I guess my point is, if a customer makes an order at your store and just doesn’t do the Paypal checkout the order is just “Open”.

Sorry if I missunderstood you.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I’m not quite sure if I am following you, but I recently had a similar problem.

I had a customer complete an order on my store and choose to use Paypal. The problem is the customer never went through the Paypal procedure. Now the order is just “Open” and no payment has been made. I emailed the customer to try and figure the order out, but for now I just wait.

So I guess my point is, if a customer makes an order at your store and just doesn’t do the Paypal checkout the order is just “Open”.

Sorry if I missunderstood you.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

yes, this is part of the problem… you don’t know what happened inside paypal. did the customer get confused about something? etc…

this way you cannot improve the checkout because a part of it is hidden. i started looking into a merchant account or some service which will just process the CC but i haven’t found one yet that is easy to setup…

other part of the problem in my opinion is that you don’t know what the customer is doing in the checkout in cs-cart. there is no step 1 - step 2 - step 3 … so i don’t know what page causes him or her to leave.

maybe i’m missing something … i hope an advanced cs-cart user can chime in … ? anyone?

[quote]yes, this is part of the problem… you don’t know what happened inside paypal. did the customer get confused about something? etc…[/quote]

I agree, but since the customer actually leaves your site and goes to Paypal’s site I don’t think there is much that can be done.

[quote]i started looking into a merchant account or some service which will just process the CC but i haven’t found one yet that is easy to setup…[/quote]

I use authorize.net and it was a breeze to setup. I don’t know where you are from, but I am in California, USA and used Humboldt Merchant Services to set me up. Basically they set me up with an account and all I had to do is enter in my account information in the backend of the cart.

[quote]other part of the problem in my opinion is that you don’t know what the customer is doing in the checkout in cs-cart. there is no step 1 - step 2 - step 3 … so i don’t know what page causes him or her to leave.[/quote]

If you turn off 1-page checkout than there are steps. I would think that if you turn off 1-page checkout and turn on statistics than you might be able to see what page your customer leaves on.

I personally offer both Paypal and standard credit card checkouts. Both work fine for me usually. I have really only had just this one problem with a customer not completeing checkout.

The only thing about Paypal is that it gives the customer a few extra minutes to have buyer regret and that might make it so you loose some sales. That is one advantage to just using a credit card checkout. Once a customer clicks checkout the transaction is done.

I hope this helps,

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I agree, but since the customer actually leaves your site and goes to Paypal’s site I don’t think there is much that can be done.

I use authorize.net and it was a breeze to setup. I don’t know where you are from, but I am in California, USA and used Humboldt Merchant Services to set me up. Basically they set me up with an account and all I had to do is enter in my account information in the backend of the cart.

If you turn off 1-page checkout than there are steps. I would think that if you turn off 1-page checkout and turn on statistics than you might be able to see what page your customer leaves on.

I personally offer both Paypal and standard credit card checkouts. Both work fine for me usually. I have really only had just this one problem with a customer not completeing checkout.

The only thing about Paypal is that it gives the customer a few extra minutes to have buyer regret and that might make it so you loose some sales. That is one advantage to just using a credit card checkout. Once a customer clicks checkout the transaction is done.

I hope this helps,

Brandon[/QUOTE]

hey Brandon

thanks for the info… very useful.

are you processing more CC transactions or more paypal ones per month?

b

Hello Guys,

I use Papayl too i France…

For me, information send to paypal are false! Number phone is false, country is unitded states, but I’m in France so, user have to choose his country…

A lot of little thinks… But I’ve same probleme! User come back and try again 3 times!!

And after I lost my order!!

Since 3 weeks, i use a CMCIC paymenet, and it’s ok!

Can you check if phone number and other filed form, send in paypal, are true for you, in paypal?

Thanks

cscart 1.3.5SP4

[quote name=‘gg96’]Hello Guys,

I use Papayl too i France…

For me, information send to paypal are false! Number phone is false, country is unitded states, but I’m in France so, user have to choose his country…

A lot of little thinks… But I’ve same probleme! User come back and try again 3 times!!

And after I lost my order!!

Since 3 weeks, i use a CMCIC paymenet, and it’s ok!

Can you check if phone number and other filed form, send in paypal, are true for you, in paypal?

Thanks

cscart 1.3.5SP4[/QUOTE]

up to now i haven’t had this problem you describe… but i have not really paid a lot of attention to it.

i know already a lot of customers have ordered without problems. however, i suspect that there is a problem with the checkout / paypal … I cannot find out what the problem is because it’s hard to see where the people are leaving.

i think if a simple step by step checkout could be used and merchant account it will be easier to see what happens.

b

When a customer go to paypal, and close direcly navigator window, CSCART status is : “OPEN”; instead of to click on “Return your shop”…

I thinks it’s it, Because if user does’nt go to Paypal, you have no status…

If user click on “Return your shop”, it’s : “Cancelled”

SO after, why He close, for me I think, and I’m sure it’s because this Falses Form Field.

See you.

@bechiett

I have way more CC transactions than Paypal transactions. This is fine with me since the rates are lower and it is easier to keep track of. Plus using Authorize.net the money is deposited into my account usually by the next business day. With Paypal it takes 3 - 4 days and I have to login to transfer it.

I decided to use Paypal as an option mainly because I personally seem to always have a Paypal balance and I like to be able to use that balance at stores online. Basically I am shopping with money that I am not depending on to pay my bills and it is almost like “play” money. I also like to have Paypal as an option because it just gives my customers more choice.

Brandon

Can somebody sign for Authorize.net service if they are not from USA?

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]@bechiett

I have way more CC transactions than Paypal transactions. This is fine with me since the rates are lower and it is easier to keep track of. Plus using Authorize.net the money is deposited into my account usually by the next business day. With Paypal it takes 3 - 4 days and I have to login to transfer it.

I decided to use Paypal as an option mainly because I personally seem to always have a Paypal balance and I like to be able to use that balance at stores online. Basically I am shopping with money that I am not depending on to pay my bills and it is almost like “play” money. I also like to have Paypal as an option because it just gives my customers more choice.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘Darius’]Can somebody sign for Authorize.net service if they are not from USA?[/QUOTE]

i doubt it … i emailed them and up to now no response.

i’m in the EU …

i’m now looking for merchant providers in the EU.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]@bechiett

Brandon[/QUOTE]

this is interesting. do you think it’s a trust issue? people not comfortable buying through paypal?

because paypal accepts CCs… even if you don’t have a paypal account.

Sorry I can’t help you…

BY

Let me know if you find some that works with cs-cart for EU

[quote name=‘bschiett’]i doubt it … i emailed them and up to now no response.

i’m in the EU …

i’m now looking for merchant providers in the EU.[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘Darius’]Let me know if you find some that works with cs-cart for EU[/QUOTE]

2 options i am looking at :

ogone (belgium)

dotpay (poland)

i tried chronopay but they didn’t want to set me up with an account… no idea why.

[quote]this is interesting. do you think it’s a trust issue? people not comfortable buying through paypal?

because paypal accepts CCs… even if you don’t have a paypal account.[/quote]

I don’t think it is trust issue. I think Paypal has a pretty big name and just about everyone here in the US has heard the name Paypal.

The thing about Paypal is that most people go into it knowing that there are going to be more steps. This might make it so most people just use the credit card feature of the cart. Also if a person is planning on paying with a card that they don’t have on Paypal already they should know that they will have to go through the steps to add the credit card to the account.

This is the nice thing about just accepting credit cards. For the people in a hurry or just don’t want the hassle all they have to do is enter in a couple of numbers, click checkout and they are done. And like I said before, you want the customer to checkout before they have buyers remorse and decide otherwise.

Brandon

I agree with brandon ,using credit cards on your site makes it easier for customers to order and makes your online business look as big as any other online business. I have been using Authorizenet for little over a year and I have been very happy. I just started accepting paypal even though I have a business account with them for years, paypal claims using them will increase sales by 12-14% will see how that goes, but I will always keep my mechant account as the Number one option.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I don’t think it is trust issue. I think Paypal has a pretty big name and just about everyone here in the US has heard the name Paypal.

The thing about Paypal is that most people go into it knowing that there are going to be more steps. This might make it so most people just use the credit card feature of the cart. Also if a person is planning on paying with a card that they don’t have on Paypal already they should know that they will have to go through the steps to add the credit card to the account.

This is the nice thing about just accepting credit cards. For the people in a hurry or just don’t want the hassle all they have to do is enter in a couple of numbers, click checkout and they are done. And like I said before, you want the customer to checkout before they have buyers remorse and decide otherwise.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]I agree with brandon ,using credit cards on your site makes it easier for customers to order and makes your online business look as big as any other online business. I have been using Authorizenet for little over a year and I have been very happy. I just started accepting paypal even though I have a business account with them for years, paypal claims using them will increase sales by 12-14% will see how that goes, but I will always keep my mechant account as the Number one option.[/QUOTE]

i had a situation where a customer had to enter his card face to face on the paypal website to buy a product. because he forgot his paypal login, and his card was already signed up, it was impossible to make the payment without logging in (!!!)

this really was a turn off for me of using paypal.

[quote name=‘bschiett’]i had a situation where a customer had to enter his card face to face on the paypal website to buy a product. because he forgot his paypal login, and his card was already signed up, it was impossible to make the payment without logging in (!!!)

this really was a turn off for me of using paypal.[/QUOTE]

This would not be a turn off if card were stolen?

As a seller I am 90% happy with PayPal (I hate how they handle disputes), as a buyer 100%

I share with paypal only virtual debit card, this means it can be used only online and only money amount I load to it.

[quote]This would not be a turn off if card were stolen?[/quote]

Authorize.net has an option to varify the address of the customer to make sure it matches the credit card. I am not exactly sure how it works, but I know it does. I am not sure if it really matters, but if a credit card number is stollen this is a pretty good additional security.

I guess basically the thief would have to know:

1 - The Number

2 - The Experation Date

3 - The CVV Number

4 - The Billing Address of the person

Obviously if the thief stole someone’s whole wallet they could possibly have the persons driver’s license and know all this information, but at least for me I doubt I would see this person on my store. You never know, but I can’t see a thief stealing a wallet or purse and then going online to purchase aquarium supplies to be sent to their home or other way of tracing it back to them. I could be wrong, but I hope I’m not.

Just my 2 cents.

Brandon