Checkout Button

I have not added alternate payment gateways to my system such as “Google Checkout” or “Amazon Payments” because they show big buttons for each at the bottom.

The only way a customer can use a credit card is to click on the “Checkout” button again from the cart view. I want to change this button to say “Credit Card Checkout” but when I change language it then changes the wording at the top of the cart and the popup when adding a item to the cart to “Credit Card Checkout”.

Does anyone have any idea how I can separate “Checkout” at the bottom of viewing the cart?

I really want to promote the alternate payment methods but I don’t want to confuse my customers either.

Thanks,

Chris Edwards

Best thing to do is to make your Checkout button even bigger and more pronounced than the alternative payment methods, otherwise, yes, you will be amazed at how many people accidently click the alternative payment method buttons which then creates for example an “Incomplete Order” or confusion in some other way. You have to win the battle of who has the biggest button unless your intent is to actually promote google checkout, paypal express, or amazon payments! :slight_smile:

Making other buttons bigger and more pronounced is a violation of the user agreement with Google Checkout. Not sure about the others.

I just want to make the carts “Check Out” button say “Secure Credit Card Checkout” when viewing the card but it still display JUST “Checkout” at the top of the cart and on the popup when adding a product.

Thanks!

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Making other buttons bigger and more pronounced is a violation of the user agreement with Google Checkout. Not sure about the others.[/QUOTE]

Sorry T, however you are very wrong on your interpretation of this, do not become a business attorney whatever you do! :smiley:

Rest assured, I can make my “Checkout Button” any size, shape, or color I choose. What you cannot do is modify either the google checkout or Paypal Express button in any way.

Well, back when I was working on the original development of Google Checkout there was a clear statement in the terms and conditions that stated that Google Checkout must be equal to or in greater “prominence” on the cart page to any other payment method or navigation. If that caveat has been removed (since it’s pretty much uninforceable) that that’s great.

Hello,

How can I add Amazon checkout to my website? I'm using 2.15

Any help will be much appreicated.

Thank you

Tom