Checkout asking customers to input credit card information twice

I just got hired onto this company to redo there website and ive never used cs cart before. When i went through the website i noticed that when i place an order, checkout, input my credit card information and proceed to check that the order information comes up and then at the bottom has another place that tells you to input your credit card information again. Anyone know how i can take that off?

Well, you are most likely the only person on the planet that is experiencing what you describe, so who knows what all was screwed up by whomever worked on the site prior! :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, I would plan on comparing every file to a vanilla install of the version you are running, or better yet you might consider a complete reinstall from a stock cs-cart release and migrate in any custom mods (hopefully few to none were made).

okay this might explain alot then. first off where and what is a vanilla install?

so if i reinstall the software, im guessing i will have to export all my information, but will all my blocks and categories be lost?

[QUOTE]okay this might explain alot then. first off where and what is a vanilla install?[/QUOTE]

Vanilla = Outta the box, un-modified version of CS-Cart

You would first need to know which version of CS-Cart you are currently running, and also decide if you wish to stay on the current version, or you may decide to upgrade to a later version, only you can decide.

You would need to obtain the full installation download files through your CS-Cart Helpdesk account. If the version you want is not already displayed in your helpdesk acct, then you will need to request the version from CS & they will provide this for you.

[QUOTE]so if i reinstall the software, im guessing i will have to export all my information, but will all my blocks and categories be lost?[/QUOTE]

Alot will depend on which version you are running, and if you decide to stay on the current version or update. Regardless there will be alot more work involved if you decide to switch versions! I highly advise that you spend a considerable amount of time reading through forum posts related to upgrading and changing versions to make certain you are willing & able before tackling this as it can become a major endeavour, so you really want to think this through! :wink:

Untick ‘Allow Customer to Repay’ from the ‘Order Statuses’ of ‘Processed’

[QUOTE]Untick ‘Allow Customer to Repay’ from the ‘Order Statuses’ of ‘Processed’[/QUOTE]

Jesse, what in the world is this, are you working too hard or something! ? :smiley:

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Untick ‘Allow Customer to Repay’ from the ‘Order Statuses’ of ‘Processed’[/QUOTE]

i just open up that and the only thing that comes close to that says: Pay Order again

and its not checked

[quote name=‘Struck’]Vanilla = Outta the box, un-modified version of CS-Cart

You would first need to know which version of CS-Cart you are currently running, and also decide if you wish to stay on the current version, or you may decide to upgrade to a later version, only you can decide.

You would need to obtain the full installation download files through your CS-Cart Helpdesk account. If the version you want is not already displayed in your helpdesk acct, then you will need to request the version from CS & they will provide this for you.

Alot will depend on which version you are running, and if you decide to stay on the current version or update. Regardless there will be alot more work involved if you decide to switch versions! I highly advise that you spend a considerable amount of time reading through forum posts related to upgrading and changing versions to make certain you are willing & able before tackling this as it can become a major endeavour, so you really want to think this through! ;)[/QUOTE]

how can i tell what version im running, remember i was just hired to do this, i never loaded the site or anything ha. and my boss doesn’t know what version he bought, all i can find is that its cs cart professional edition

[quote name=‘harpersmoto’]how can i tell what version im running, remember i was just hired to do this, i never loaded the site or anything ha. and my boss doesn’t know what version he bought, all i can find is that its cs cart professional edition[/QUOTE]

add “?&version” without the quotes at the end of the store url

www.myincrediblestore.com?&version

[quote name=‘Struck’]add “?&version” without the quotes at the end of the store url

www.myincrediblestore.com?&version[/QUOTE]

thank you, that worked. okay so now im running version 2.0.10.

and i know i dont want to upgrade or anything like that, so question now is what happens to my blocks and my categories if i do a re-install? i know i can just export all my products.

Your welcome, and yeah, that is a rather old, aniquated, bug inflicted version… but we won’t go there! :smiley:

[QUOTE]and i know i dont want to upgrade or anything like that, so question now is what happens to my blocks and my categories if i do a re-install? i know i can just export all my products.[/QUOTE]

As long as you stay with exactly the same version, then you can just save your DB and reconnect to it so that you retain all of your categories, products, customers, orders, etc. etc. (Just whatever you do, don’t try to change versions & then simply attempt to connect to the different DB version!) Every version update also has updates within the DB structure.

There is a very good chance that you will need to re-create your blocks, especially on those older versions, so plan for this. :wink:

what is the newest version out? ill talk to my boss about maybe upgrading, so as far as your saying. the problems im having is prolly cause its old and it has alot of bugs in the program. does the new version fix those bugs?

and if i stick with the old version then ill just have to redo my blocks and categories (which isnt to big of a deal)

[quote name=‘harpersmoto’]what is the newest version out? ill talk to my boss about maybe upgrading, so as far as your saying. the problems im having is prolly cause its old and it has alot of bugs in the program. does the new version fix those bugs?

and if i stick with the old version then ill just have to redo my blocks and categories (which isnt to big of a deal)[/QUOTE]

Hello Harp,

I can see that your truly do have a lot of reading to do before making your decision, not wanting to come across as being rude, I just don’t want to see you get yourself in a mess, hope you understand!

And know, the ole double credit card data entry issue you mention is not an official bug, it is what I like to refer to as a “Self inflicted bug”, which is why I mentioned that knowone else on the planet has most lilkely ever seen that one! :smiley:

There will be a tremendous amount of work involved to go from 2.0.10 all the way to the latest, 2.1.4 (released today). There are so many “things” which have changed throughout that time period that I would have to write a hardback! If the owner of your company plans to stay with CS-Cart, which he would be foolish not to, then the latest version is far superior in features as well as performance issues and he would be wise to benefit from these advancements.

Regardless, there is alot of thought needed here. :wink:

[quote name=‘Struck’]Hello Harp,

I can see that your truly do have a lot of reading to do before making your decision, not wanting to come across as being rude, I just don’t want to see you get yourself in a mess, hope you understand!

And know, the ole double credit card data entry issue you mention is not an official bug, it is what I like to refer to as a “Self inflicted bug”, which is why I mentioned that knowone else on the planet has most lilkely ever seen that one! :smiley:

There will be a tremendous amount of work involved to go from 2.0.10 all the way to the latest, 2.1.4 (released today). There are so many “things” which have changed throughout that time period that I would have to write a hardback! If the owner of your company plans to stay with CS-Cart, which he would be foolish not to, then the latest version is far superior in features as well as performance issues and he would be wise to benefit from these advancements.

Regardless, there is alot of thought needed here. ;)[/QUOTE]

oh not at all, i mean to tell you the truth ive never used this program before so i have alot of reading to anyways ha

I did ask my boss and as for now we will just be keeping the original copy since we already know how to use it. And i think we will be going ahead with the re-install.

is there anything i should read about that first before attempting this?

Also, i have looked all over the cs cart and havent found anywhere that would make the checkout have two places to pay twice. so we are figuring that the guy before that originally built the site messed around with it. If you want to take a look at it and see what its doing i can give you the site address and have you place an order so you can see what im talking about?

(and id delete ya order right afterwards, so no worries there)

[QUOTE]i mean to tell you the truth ive never used this program before[/QUOTE]

I already determined that, which is why I am stressing that you need to do alot of reading before jumping in to this head first! :wink:

Well, I would definately search the forums for “Upgrade” or “Upgrade Issues” and do alot of reading, you will gather valuable information as to what to watch out for, what you might expect, how much time & effort it may require, and plenty of information on “what not to do”.

If this is an active site generating revenue, then be absolutely certain that you backup & save your store database (& then do it a few more times) because you absolutely don’t want to end up loosing all of your customer & order details, you really never want to go through loosing something that critical…

Another possible solution is to hire one of the guys here in the forums to get your current site up to par, or even upgrade to one of the later, more advanced versions. Then from that point you could learn to maintain it, & perform future upgrades at a far less stressful pace, there are a few people here that do this as part of there day job.

And absolutely no way will I let you play with my Credit Card…Yeah right you will delete my order and then attempt to take my money & run! :smiley:

PS: Jesseleestringer (as posted above) does this type of work, I am sure there are others as well if you have interest.

haha would you like to use my expired debit card so you can see what its doing?

hold on, better idea, ill do a print screen and copy onto here so you can see what its doing

Honestly, I don’t have the time right now, probably easiest / best thing to do would be to simulate an order being placed on your site and create a Screen Capture image, then upload it to this thread and I am sure people will have suggestions.

I dont do this type of work as my day job, thus from this point on I would most likely cause you far more harm than good! :smiley:

[QUOTE]hold on, better idea, ill do a print screen and copy onto here so you can see what its doing[/QUOTE]

Well Hello!

Next time try to think faster than I can type (and I don’t set any speed typing records)! :stuck_out_tongue:

well that might help if i do that ha.

well i appreciate all the help and what not.

ive been having alot of issues with this old version so ill be doing some reading and hopefully will figure everything out.

thanks again.