checkout as guest

Hi to everyone.

How can i restore the “core/fn.cart.php” file of 2.2.4 version?

i am asking because i have a broblem at checkout as guest (it stucks on loading and don't procced to step 2) and i think, i am not sure, that the broblem started when i installed the addon “suported shipping methods for 2.2.1” that have core changes.

Thanks!

i finally found the file but the problem still remains.

is there someone else who faces the same problem?

solved it.

Care to tell people how you solved it?

i hate these kind of posts. care to share with the community? that's the whole point of a forum.

[quote name='akistdm' timestamp='1330938492' post='132601']

Hi to everyone.

How can i restore the “core/fn.cart.php” file of 2.2.4 version?

i am asking because i have a broblem at checkout as guest (it stucks on loading and don't procced to step 2) and i think, i am not sure, that the broblem started when i installed the addon “suported shipping methods for 2.2.1” that have core changes.

Thanks!

[/quote]

How did you solve this issue?

sorry i didn't see the replies above.

i found the file from a back up of files that i have done.

the problem was not the file.

the customer had register his e-mail as a customer, so the program didn't allow to use this e-mail as guest.

So if someone has registered to your site, he can't use the mail for guest checkout.

sorry again for the delay.

When an account already exists, the Guest Checkout option should display an error:

“The username or email you have chosen already exists. Please try another one.”

this is not happening in my store or version 2.2.5.

is there a fix for this?

Just checked, it is also supposed to do this in V3.

Check the following:

Administration>Languages

Search for “error_user_exists” - does it exist?

In /controllers/customer/checkout.php, the following code should exist:

if (!empty($email_exists)) {
fn_set_notification('E', fn_get_lang_var('error'), fn_get_lang_var('error_user_exists'));
fn_save_post_data();
return array(CONTROLLER_STATUS_REDIRECT, "checkout.checkout");
}

If this code exists and you are still not getting the error displayed, do you get any notifications on the front-end, for example, when a promotions conditions are met. Are you using a custom template? It could be that certain elements have been removed from your custom template, thus notifications are not being processed.

i am using the basic skin with some modifications in colors not something else.

i am not getting notifications you are right.

i found where the problem is.

i used the code from cs cart that disables the notifications window after a customer redirects to cart but this

disable all notifications…

can't we isolate this for the cart notification only?

[quote name='akistdm' timestamp='1361735564' post='156303']

i found where the problem is.

i used the code from cs cart that disables the notifications window after a customer redirects to cart but this

disable all notifications…

can't we isolate this for the cart notification only?

[/quote]

This should only be a checkbox in the settings which disables the redirect to cart function only - not all notifications. What do you mean by “i used the code” - no code changes are necessary for this feature.

take a look at this:

So when a customer clicks Add to Cart, you want the customer to be taken to the Cart page automatically, without displaying any notifications?

Yes but not to disable ALL the notifications.