Changing Themes - Best Practice

Hello

We've been using the BuyShop theme for a while now. It looks good but doesn't function so well.

The Theme Developers offered us a free copy of their new theme - "Cool Baby". So they have sent us all the theme files but I'm unsure if I should just go and install the new theme over the top.

Would it be good practice to remove all traces of the BuyShop theme before hand? How would one do this?

Thanks

We've been using the BuyShop theme for a while now. It looks good but doesn't function so well.

The Theme Developers offered us a free copy of their new theme - "Cool Baby". So they have sent us all the theme files but I'm unsure if I should just go and install the new theme over the top.

Would it be good practice to remove all traces of the BuyShop theme before hand? How would one do this?

I would suggest you to make a copy of the website and test everything there. Do not play with live website.

In your case there is no need to delete old theme. Just install new one and switch your store theme. In this case you will not see any traces (except the layout, of course)

Thanks guys!