Changing The Login Process

Hello there..

I have a store but I want to change the way the customers login.

FIrst of all, is something like this possible?

Secondly, I'll tell you some details about my problem.

I have some customers, in real life not cscart customers, that have many stores. Each store, is a unique customer in cscart, because that's the way I want it. Every store has some unique details and I need it to be this way because I synchronise everything with a self made erp.

So, I want each real life customer, when he wants to sign up, first of all, to check if this customer exists, then if it has 1 or more stores.

So it will be just an email check.

And if that mail exists, then I'll ask him for password as well as to pick one of his stores.

Do you know any way I can do this?

Thanks a lot.

Hello there..

I have a store but I want to change the way the customers login.

FIrst of all, is something like this possible?

Secondly, I'll tell you some details about my problem.

I have some customers, in real life not cscart customers, that have many stores. Each store, is a unique customer in cscart, because that's the way I want it. Every store has some unique details and I need it to be this way because I synchronise everything with a self made erp.

So, I want each real life customer, when he wants to sign up, first of all, to check if this customer exists, then if it has 1 or more stores.

So it will be just an email check.

And if that mail exists, then I'll ask him for password as well as to pick one of his stores.

Do you know any way I can do this?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

You need some code modification in order to achieve this

TY

himanshudangwal is right. Feel free to contact us to get a free quote

Are you sure that this can be done? Even after code modification?

Also, I have to tell you that I can figure things out but I just want a little help.

This has to be done through an addon or just by customising the cscart login process?

Thanks a lot!

Sure, this modification can be developed as separate module

Hello exelorien,

We are available at your service. Please feel free to contact us at support@webkul.com

Thank you all for your kind offers but my main purpose is to learn the system, so, can you provide me with info or some source of education material? Other than documentation cause I think it is not very cscart newbie friendly :P

In cs-cart, emails must be unique in the cscart_users table and which stores they are available in is a function of whether you have sharing setup for customers between different storefronts (not different sites).

They should be getting to their chosen store based on the domain name of the storefront rather than any selection process. The company_id is only selectable on the admin side of a site to switch context between stores.

If you are talking about stores being different sites (I.e. different databases and admin panels) and want to query where a particular email is registered, then yes, you could intercede in the login process by creating an override template for the login_form page and having your own addon control the login process (and adding more steps if you choose). You would then POST the final email, password to the login_form of the other storefront for them to click "Login" or you could have a separate auth controller on the other site that can just perform the auth for you.

Hope that helps give you some ideas or solutions that would work for you. But do note that there are session cookies, session keys and other things to manage when you're trying to do inter-site activity.