Changing the default numbers used in add product page

Hey,

Does anyone know the location of the file(s) to change the default numbers used in add product page. My client wants to set minimum order quantity as 1 by default, and maximum order quantity as 9999, and in stock as 9999.

Mainly as it will save him time as most of his products will use thesen numbers…but he still wants the option in the event that he wants to change the numbers on some of them ofcourse.

thanks

EDIT: And possibly select the localizations by default if possible. But maybe that’s asking too much.

Change the default values in the table cscart_products for the items you want to default to non-zero values. Most are zero by default.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Change the default values in the table cscart_products for the items you want to default to non-zero values. Most are zero by default.[/QUOTE]

I found this table in the database and attempted to change the default values for Tax ID and Localizations.

In all the data I have been entering these fields have been recording in the database table as “7” and “1” respectively. The default structure now shows these numbers. When I add new products I still have to check the tax field button for my only taxable state and highlight the only localization available in the if I want these values to show up after I press save and then check the database tables. They don’t seem to enter by default.

Is this a bug or do I not understand how to change the defaults?

PS. I came upon this thread while I was looking for a way to change the default “50” that shows up in the quantity box of all my combination options when tracking inventory. After I rebuild all combinations the default values in this box is always 50Can’t find that value default anywhere in the database tables.

[quote name='alpickrel' timestamp='1262894450' post='66375']

I found this table in the database and attempted to change the default values for Tax ID and Localizations.

In all the data I have been entering these fields have been recording in the database table as “7” and “1” respectively. The default structure now shows these numbers. When I add new products I still have to check the tax field button for my only taxable state and highlight the only localization available in the if I want these values to show up after I press save and then check the database tables. They don't seem to enter by default.

Is this a bug or do I not understand how to change the defaults?

PS. I came upon this thread while I was looking for a way to change the default “50” that shows up in the quantity box of all my combination options when tracking inventory. After I rebuild all combinations the default values in this box is always 50Can't find that value default anywhere in the database tables.

[/quote]

Did you ever find a solution to the “default 50” issue in the product combinations page?

I have the same problem and would like to change the value.