Changing starting number for invoices.

Hi guys.

I hope you are all making ends meet or better.

I want to get a little cheeky here but I don’t want to screw my cart up.

Can I change the starting invoice number to a higher number.

My last order was 197 and I wish to make the site look busier than it is.

If I go to settings and change the starting number to say 250 will anything be upset ?

Naturally I will always change higher and not lower.

If this is possible I will change it again later.

[quote name=‘termalert’]Hi guys.

I hope you are all making ends meet or better.

I want to get a little cheeky here but I don’t want to screw my cart up.

Can I change the starting invoice number to a higher number.

My last order was 197 and I wish to make the site look busier than it is.

If I go to settings and change the starting number to say 250 will anything be upset ?

Naturally I will always change higher and not lower.

If this is possible I will change it again later.[/QUOTE]

I am fairly sure this will “UPSET” things. I understand what you want to do and think the better way to achieve this is set up a “dummy” account and place “dummy” orders, a cash on delivery payment option will negate any cc requirement and one product that you can switch from unavailable to available will save interfering with stock!

You can sit and place multiple orders every day/week/month and increase the “order ID”

BarryH

No, it won’t upset anything. It will just make the next order number follow whatever you put in the blank. I’d personally set it to something like 1500 and go from there. No need for wasting time placing dummy orders.

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

No offense intended barryH.

I guess if this must be OK otherwise there would be a big warning tag around this aspect of the settings area.

Thanks heaps guys.

from cscart resources area

NOTE: The initial order value can not be less than the last order number in the database. If you want to enter the value, which is less than the last order number in the database you should delete all orders in the database.

Tends to say to me that it’s OK to alter it UP. Why would anyone want to change it DOWN anyway?

… how busy other sites are.

If I regularly increase the initial order id it will create the illusion of being busier than we actually are. I know the general public won’t see it but we have a few repeat customers and I don’t want them to think they are the only ones buying from our site.

[quote name=‘termalert’]No offense intended barryH.

I guess if this must be OK otherwise there would be a big warning tag around this aspect of the settings area.

Thanks heaps guys.

from cscart resources area

NOTE: The initial order value can not be less than the last order number in the database. If you want to enter the value, which is less than the last order number in the database you should delete all orders in the database.

Tends to say to me that it’s OK to alter it UP. Why would anyone want to change it DOWN anyway?[/QUOTE]

No offence taken, but why ask if you know the answer?:confused:

We are fairly sure we looked at this in 1.3.* and it changed the numbers of already generated orders!

However we could be wrong!

Let us know how you get on?

BarryH

No disruption to existing orders.

New order number as per amendment in settings.

Thanks guys.

Good for you, much easier than orders etc!

BarryH