Changing Page And Seo Name In Product's Seo Tab

Default SEO name is category hierarchy + product name (in lower case and hyphenated). Page title default seems to be same as SEO name, which is too long for a browser tab title.

In light of the above It would seem that if either SEO name or Page title are to be changed, page title would be the one to change. It could be only based on product name as it appears in default SEO name, or it could be something else. What would be the most advantageous way to change it?

Both SEO name and Page title can be changed so both must impact SEO. Should they be customized to include search terms and keywords? The question is what to put there. If either are left based on product name then each SEO name and Page title will be the most unique one possible but product name does not necessarily carry much information at all ; only that the Product name is a handle for what it's linked to (unless the name itself is something people will search on and this is not generally the case). Including general product properties in SEO name and Page title but keeping the unique part could help.

I am also wondering if it's advantageous or not to have similar (i.e. based on Product name) SEO name and Page title.

Would appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Page title and product name are usually best being the same, as for seo name etc.

it all depends on types of products etc, long tail names/keywords

John

Page title and product name are usually best being the same, as for seo name etc.

it all depends on types of products etc, long tail names/keywords

John

Thanks for reply. I will probably end up manually tweaking important products and the rest can be default values.