Changing options does not update cart totals

When the user is in the cart page and they change a product option, they need to click on the Update button to recalculate the cart total. If they do not, it screws up the price being sent to the cart.

ie.

User places a product for $40 into cart.

In the cart screen they choose an option which costs $20

The top of the screen is updated to show $60

The cart totals at the bottom of the screen show $40

If user does not click update and hits Checkout, it sends $40 to checkout instead of $60

Is there a way to automatically update?

You could change the '' tag to use 'onchange=“this.form.submit();”

There is an option in the admin to detect if a change has been made to a page and to alert the user if they have not saved their changes (or updated in this case). You might want to enable that on your site.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to put that in the product_options.tpl and it didn't work. When I change the option it comes up with the alert and then brings me to a 404.

Is it possible in the Onchange to fire the function that is run when the update button is pressed?

Thanks

It's an AJAX request so I'm not sure how to do that from the select tag like one would with an onchange event. I'm sure there are some html/jQuery folks here who can answer that for you. Sorry.

Thanks for trying.

I see this as a pretty big customer interface issue. It is very easy for a customer to think they changed the options and then checkout with the wrong options.

Does anyone else think this is an issue or am I just a little crazy?

Thanks

Has anyone ever addressed this issue? I know it's an old post, but this behavior of CS-Cart seems unacceptably counter-intuitive to me. When a customer clicks the “Checkout” button, they should expect their cart content changes to be applied first.

CS Cart Power has posted on here a free addon that does this a couple of days ago

John

This is a bug and should not require an addon to resolve it. Has anyone submitted it via bugtracker?

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1400821987' post='184103']

This is a bug and should not require an addon to resolve it. Has anyone submitted it via bugtracker?

[/quote]

Ahh, sorry I read the post wrong ! oops