Changing Domain

Hi Everyone,

We just purchased CS Cart and are moving from BV Commerce. What we want to do is create the CS Cart under the domain mydomain.net then when it is customized how we like switch it to mydomain.com. What is the easiest way to make the switch from one domain to another?

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Move the files, edit your config.local.php file and make any edits necessary in the database to reflect the new domain.

Can I ask why you are switching from bv commerce to cs-cart? Iā€™m currently trying to narrow it down and these are two of the ā€œfinalistsā€. I would love your input. Thanks!

[quote name=ā€˜Metzā€™]Can I ask why you are switching from bv commerce to cs-cart? Iā€™m currently trying to narrow it down and these are two of the ā€œfinalistsā€. I would love your input. Thanks![/QUOTE]

For one, it is made for ASP.NET

[quote name=ā€˜Metzā€™]Can I ask why you are switching from bv commerce to cs-cart? Iā€™m currently trying to narrow it down and these are two of the ā€œfinalistsā€. I would love your input. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Three things made us switch.

1. The support at BVSoft is not great. They also charge you a ton after every upgrade. Plus, each upgrade causes the previous site to crash. This is just our experience.

2. The back end reports are not even half of what you get with CSCart. Trying to do basic sales reports in BV was a nightmare.

3. The community of developers used to be strong, but now itā€™s not as active.

Again, these are just opinions.

[quote name=ā€˜Joseph GDā€™]Three things made us switch.

1. The support at BVSoft is not great. They also charge you a ton after every upgrade. Plus, each upgrade causes the previous site to crash. This is just our experience.

2. The back end reports are not even half of what you get with CSCart. Trying to do basic sales reports in BV was a nightmare.

3. The community of developers used to be strong, but now itā€™s not as active.

Again, these are just opinions.[/QUOTE]

Almost sounds like CS-Cartā€¦ :eek: j/k