Change To Responsive Theme Dilemma?!

I want to switch to responsive theme but I can only see an option to activate the theme but then the front end is live with that theme. We have always had a full width theme layout. Currently using 4.3.3
Is there a way to edit and preview the theme without it activating the front end? It looks like I have to completely layout and style the theme from scratch? Is there an easy way to do this?

I suppose the real question is there anyway way to move to a responsive theme but keep the layout we have now?

Appreciate any help? Stuart

What you are really asking is it possible to toggle the theme via some sort of URL modification or specific set of rules. For instance www.website.com:theme:responsive or something like that or just users from your IP.

Well no, there is no way that can be achieved I don't think. It would cause too many headaches anyway as you may have to adjust the blocks etc.

If you are developing the theme yourself you can slipstream a CSS file into your browser to over-ride/add too the ones running, however it can quickly get messy and it's only really good for prototyping.

Instead a better way would be to run a separate instance of your shop. Stick it on a sub domain, or better yet, an internal network.

I want to switch to responsive theme but I can only see an option to activate the theme but then the front end is live with that theme. We have always had a full width theme layout. Currently using 4.3.3
Is there a way to edit and preview the theme without it activating the front end? It looks like I have to completely layout and style the theme from scratch? Is there an easy way to do this?

I suppose the real question is there anyway way to move to a responsive theme but keep the layout we have now?

Appreciate any help? Stuart

The quickest and cheapest way to do it - make a copy of the live store on the local server. Additional CS-Cart license is not required in this case.

The instruction can be found here:

http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.3.x/install/moving_to_another_server.html

Thanks very much for your help. I'll take a look at the options. Thank you.