Change product "code" to "part #"

Hey guys,

I know this topic has come up in some other posts, but I cant seem to find an answer to a technicality of it. I'm trying to globally change the word “code” to the word “part #” in reference to the product sku. I already did it under Administration-> Languages-> variable 'sku' but it only seemed to change the word “code” in some store areas (like: the search page, product pages, category pages etc) but other areas like the customer order section and invoices still show the word “code” next to the sku even though I changed it to “part #” in the languages area.

Any idea where else I could check? It seems there is an override somewhere else that still keeps the word “code” in some areas.

Thanks in advance!

{$lang.code}

If you have shell access, type this in when under /public_html/skins//customer to view their respective locations:

find * -name "*.tpl" -exec grep -l "$lang.code" {} \;

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1335531378' post='135496']

{$lang.code}

If you have shell access, type this in when under /public_html/skins//customer to view their respective locations:

find * -name "*.tpl" -exec grep -l "$lang.code" {} \;

[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I'm still kind of a newbie when it comes to technical editing of these sorts. I'm not sure what shell access is…

Do you think I can edit something in my mySQL datatbase to correct this? or even a .tpl file somewhere in the cart files?

Simple search for 'code' in the languages area of CS-Cart (Administration → Languages)

J.

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1335592307' post='135526']

Simple search for 'code' in the languages area of CS-Cart (Administration → Languages)

J.

[/quote]

I feel like such an idiot. haha. I thought I did a search for that already within (Administration → Languages), but apparently I didn't. Just found it! Thank you very much!

Does anyone know how to have the search function to include “product code” so that it can be included in search results?

I just add it to the search words box. Works fine for me.

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1338416911' post='137694']

I just add it to the search words box. Works fine for me.

Bob

[/quote]

Yes, it works fo me too. However, it caused a lot of work to manually type 1,000+ product item#s inside each search word box. It would be easier if we can include it as part of the default search. Thank you!

[quote name='grabbags' timestamp='1338506832' post='137789']

Yes, it works fo me too. However, it caused a lot of work to manually type 1,000+ product item#s inside each search word box. It would be easier if we can include it as part of the default search. Thank you!

[/quote]

Or import the search words field, 10 minute job

John

[quote name=‘The Tool’ timestamp=‘1338510471’ post=‘137790’]

http://kb.cs-cart.co…-search-by-code

[/quote]

Thank you! This is exactly what I need. :-)