Change origination address for shipping

Hi all. I've been trying to figure this out but no luck so far.

Our company is located in a different state than where our products are shipped from. We are using real-time shipping calculation with UPS which uses our company address as the origination point for shipping rate calculation. This throws the calculation off quite a bit as the actual origination point is 700 miles away from our company address.

The only way around this that I have found is to change our “company address” to the warehouse address. This fixes the shipping calculation but then all of our invoices etc. no longer have the proper company address on them.

Is there a way to set an alternate origination address in CS cart for basing shipping calculations from? I tried using the “supplier” addon to no avail. When using that, it says no shipping options are available (even though shipping methods are assigned to the supplier as outlined here: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like for our shipping calculation to be accurate!

Thanks

CS Cart 2.2.1

Isn't the Default Location used as the origin?

You could make your products that ship from the out of state warehouse be a separate supplier and then you could use the warehouse address as the origin…

[quote]Isn’t the Default Location used as the origin?[/quote]

Tony, that is actually the Default “Destination” of which shipping rates are calculated from prior to a customer/visitor entering their actual ship to address.

Rather confusing and the Admin setting should really be re-named as “Default Destination” to reduce confusion. :blink:

[quote]You could make your products that ship from the out of state warehouse be a separate supplier and then you could use the warehouse address as the origin… [/quote]

This is most likely the best fix for this scenario of having a different originating address for realtime shipment calculation.

I was afraid of that. I'll keep working with the supplier addon. So far I haven't had any luck getting it to work and showing shipping rates.

I don't think the rates will be affected by what company address that you have in the admin side. UPS should be giving you rates by where your shipping number location is. I would check with them to change your account number to match your pickup location, or get from them another account number for your warehouse pickup location.

EDIT:

I just setup supplier in ver 2.1.1 put in a fake warehouse location in California, our normal company address is st louis MO. set up test product to be same as regular product but from the dummy warehouse.

And it did calculated different rates. to same illinois address

Calculate shipping cost

Supplier: Jack Dempsey Needle Art ← missouri address

Interlocking Wedding Rings 18" Quilt Squares

UPS Ground (1-4 days) - $11.46

Supplier: jdna warehouse ← California address

Starburst of Hearts 18" Quilt Squares

UPS Ground (1-4 days) - $14.60

so my think earlier may be wrong.

[quote name='DeGrey' timestamp='1310755632' post='117404']

I was afraid of that. I'll keep working with the supplier addon. So far I haven't had any luck getting it to work and showing shipping rates.

[/quote]

Degrey,

Another option which might be easier would be to add surcharges “on top of” your realtime rates being returned to closely resemble the actual shipment costs from your actual origin point. It really depends how complex your product shipping situation is and how accurate you need to be!

Disagree on where the rates are calculated from on a realtime XML request. It is done by the Origin location specified in the request. The shipping number is just used for billing (or negotiated rate calculations). One of my clients has their shipping number at 4-5 drop-ship suppliers so that shipping is billed to them rather than through the drop-shipper. The rates are different depending on the supplier's location versus what shipping number was used for equivalent products (weight, size, etc.). Otherwise you'd have to have a separate shipping number for every location you shipped from. That would make Billing a nightmare.

I am having similar issues and can't seem to figure things out.

I hope DeGrey has since found an answer?

So, my support department is based in Las Vegas, but all my products ship from Virginia! I have enabled to supplier addon and created a new supplier in Richmond and even put their full address, fax number, phone number, email, etc.

I then enabled my new supplier as the supplier for every product.

First problem, the supplier is NEVER emailed when an order is placed for a product. That makes me believe that the supplier function has bugs. Regardless, they are listed and I even marked them as the supplier for every shipping option. Yet, when I place an order and get rates, the rates are being based off of Vegas and not Virginia.

It's like the cart keeps looking at my Las Vegas address.

Check your order status settings and make sure “Notify supplier” is checked.

Also, I'll ask the obvious, but you did clear your site cache (?cc) didn't you?