change language flag

Hi all, I'm working on converting my store to 2.2.3. How can I change the flag image for English from UK to US?

Also if you look at my page, there's a white space at the top. Any ideas on how to remove that?

Also how can I move Gift Certificates to my categories box?

cant check the white space out Brennie, seems like right click is disabled

but flags are in /skins/yourskin/customer/images/flags/en.png

John

Oops I removed the right-click thing so please try again? I know where the flag images are stored - what I don't know is where/how to change code so it shows the US flag for English instead of the UK flag.

replace en.png with the US equivalent.

right but where?

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1319922557' post='124866']

but flags are in /skins/yourskin/customer/images/flags/en.png

John

[/quote]

create your own US flag and call it en.png and just replace as above, refresh your browser cache and admin cache

and this image may be a littole short dreamsoy.com

try that at 10px higher

John

create your own US flag and call it en.png and just replace as above, refresh your browser cache and admin cache
and the image may be a littole short try that at 10px higher

John

Thanks on both counts - got them both fixed. The header_bg actually has a white top on the image, so I just cropped it. Thanks again!

Now I can't figure out how to decrease the height of that top part. I tried making the header_bg image shorter but the height of that top area stays the same. I couldn't find any settings for it in the stylesheet or in top.tpl. Any ideas?

Disregard I found 2 ways to fix this:

change the margins in the stylesheet for the logo:

}
.logo-image {
margin: 30px 0 19px 0;
}

and/or add a height attribute to:

#header {
background: #d4edf1 url(images/header_bg.png) repeat-x left top;
}

such as:

#header {
background: #d4edf1 url(images/header_bg.png) repeat-x left top; height:120px;
}

try this (last post)

John

I don't need to add a new flag to the .png though, I just want my English (EN) flag to show the US flag (which is already on the .png) instead of the UK flag.

in skins/basic/customer/base.css are all the positions for each flag .css.

John

I saw that but what do I edit for the English flag to be the US flag? Is it the top position on the css that says 0 0? I didn't think it was that because the UK flag is just a few images above the US flag.

In skins/customer/base.css

if you change the below position this would work

.flag.flag-en {

background-position: 0 -4041px;

}

It just alters the UK flag to show the US one

John