Change default setting to un-checked for Status change boxes.

Is there a way to change the “notify Customer” and “notify orders department” check boxes to NOT be checked by default in the drop menu where you change the actual status. Even though in the admin/order statuses I have each of the “statuses” set to not send to the order department in this one area where you change the actual status it forces you to uncheck the two options. Its irritating to uncheck each time you change the status and also easy to forget and end up sending the status change to the order department!

This is because I do NOT want the order department getting an e-mail each time I change the status.

Anyone have any idea how I could change the default settings on the two check boxes in that little drop box to not be checked?

The drop box shows on the orders details page top right (ironicaly the same two check boxes also are in the bottom left unchecked but have nothing to do wit the order status). The same drop box is used when changing the status directly from the orders list page.

Thanks,

Jacson

Hello Jacson,

Thank you for your message.

Some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

You got that right Jacson!

I'd like the order list to apply the user-defined settings for the status as well. I'm constantly de-selecting that “notify orders department” checkbox when I'm updating orders as Complete.

Agreed, from a real world usability standpoint, I believe it would make far more logical sense to have All notification boxes which are visible “unchecked” by default. It is especially a constant concern to not “accidentally” send a customer another order notification, shipment notification, order status change notification, etc, etc unless it was an intentional choice as this can cause added confusion to our customers and or an embarrassing situation for us. :)

For admin area, yes. For customer area (like profile updates) no.

For admin area (v3.0.6), I just removed:

checked=“checked”

from line 80 (re: notify-department) in skins/basic/admin/common_templates/select_popup.tpl.

I just want to send notification to the customer when his order status is changed with the popup box. This template change applies to the Order Detail page popup and the Order List page popup, so it's one small tweak, one large time saver.