Change Default Product Description?

We want to have some defulat information already populated in the Product Description field (Stuff we want on all products). Does anyone know the right way to add a default value into that text area?

I would not Add New products. Instead create one with your default information and Clone it. On a product page click the link that says Clone this product

Thanks. We will look at that, but there are other fields I want to default to something else on the product page. Does anyone know the procedure for this? Where do I look?

There are no defaults to set. As Triplets stated, the way cs-cart handles that is via “cloning” of products.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1318016699' post='123170']

There are no defaults to set. As Triplets stated, the way cs-cart handles that is via “cloning” of products.

[/quote]

I dont think people are understanding my question…

On the add product page, there are values that are in the boxes…for exampl MAX DOWNLOADS, etc… where would I go to change the default that is in there? I know it can be done as I have had it done for a couple things. I cannot get a hold of the person that did it for me. It has to be simple. Any help that someone can provid would be great. I am not saying that this is something that is exposed in the front end, but there is a way to do it through changing a DB setting , or an actual PHP page and what I am looking for is what page I need to endit, or DB vvalue to change.

Thanks.

Without doing the research for you, it will either be in the controllers/admin/products.php file or in the appropriate function within (probably) core/fn.catalog.php.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1318188203' post='123270']

Without doing the research for you, it will either be in the controllers/admin/products.php file or in the appropriate function within (probably) core/fn.catalog.php.

[/quote]

THANK YOU. I will look tonight. I appreciate the guidance. I was just traversing through all the directories so I am not up to speed yet on the structures.

Again, thanks.