Change background color / image on basic template

Hello,

Ive been looking everywhere and have no idea where i can change background image / color for basic template on cs-cart version 2. Could someone please let me know under which setting in admin panel or which php, tpl file its under?

Thank You

backgr.jpg

skins/basic/customer/styles.css

body {
background: #f1f6f9 url('images/body_bg.gif') repeat-y center top;
}

Thank You =)

Sorry for going back to this issue. The code above did help me change the color of the background but when I want to use image as background it does not show up.

I used this code.

[QUOTE]body {

background: url(‘images/myimage.jpg’) repeat-y center top;

}[/QUOTE]

Is there a way around it?

Where did you put the image?

It needs to be in:

skins/your-skin/customer/images

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Where did you put the image?

It needs to be in:

skins/your-skin/customer/images

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Thats where it was placed, I also changed permissions to 777… Would it matter if it was a jpg vs gif?

Didi you clear your cache / compiled folders?

This is how one of my site’s background code is:

body {
background:url('images/background_2.jpg') no-repeat top;
}

I have the image in skins/basic/customer/images.

Also, make sure you are in the right folder.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Didi you clear your cache / compiled folders?

This is how one of my site’s background code is:

body {
background:url('images/background_2.jpg') no-repeat top;
}

I have the image in skins/basic/customer/images.

Also, make sure you are in the right folder.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Stupid question how do you clear cache in version 2.0? =)

Nevermind I cleared the cache by adding ?cc to the end of the admin.php and it did not do anything… Pretty much what I’m seeing is a white background instead of the image… =(

Did you ever fix this issue I am having the same exact problem!

yes I did but the code is a little bit different try this… this worked for me

body {
background:url('images/background_2.jpg');
}

[quote name=‘PiOEM’]yes I did but the code is a little bit different try this… this worked for me

body {
background:url('images/background_2.jpg');
}
[/QUOTE]

I just found out that this solution only works for Firefox / Chrome. Does anyone know how to make the background display in IE 7? I tied to copy the code above to style-ie but that did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try “background-image” instead of “background”, when you just want to call the image.

But anyway, you have also to declare position or where to place the image, so the right declaration is like the one Brandon quoted.

[quote name=‘colortone’]Try “background-image” instead of “background”, when you just want to call the image.

But anyway, you have also to declare position or where to place the image, so the right declaration is like the one Brandon quoted.[/QUOTE]

That is the same tag styleie has “background-image” I actually removed image and still no change… this is driving me crazy… stupid IE can’t play nice like other browsers…

What image do you want to use as background? could you attach it and show it to us?

Do you want that image repeated or just positioned at the top as header? Or do you want to use it as background for all the content?

We can help you, but you have to give more information.

[quote name=‘colortone’]What image do you want to use as background? could you attach it and show it to us?

Do you want that image repeated or just positioned at the top as header? Or do you want to use it as background for all the content?

We can help you, but you have to give more information.[/QUOTE]

I would like to use it for background on all content tiled so that it repeats.

Here are images of the issue. First image is on Chrome browser second is on IE8

b2.JPG

b1.JPG

Sorry, I don’t have chrome, either IE7. But google “background-repeat in IE7” and you’ll find a solution. I remember there is some issues with this css tag.

Attached a screen shot from IE8. In skin/basic/customer/styles.css (line 3) I changed this:

```php body {

background: #f1f6f9 url(‘images/body_bg.gif’) repeat-y center top;

} ```

to this

```php body {

background-image: url(‘images/leaves.jpg’);

} ```

Try to provide some graphics of what you want to accomplish, or provide a link to your page.

Back-tiled-sample.jpg

Check this article Looks like there is a way around the IE7 Bug.

I don’t know if this will work I don’t have IE7, but you can try.

Try ```php body {

background-image: url(‘images/your-image.jpg’);

background-repeat: repeat;

} ```

I’m really interested in something similar. I need to make my sites more Christmas-y. Is there a fairly simple way to do this? Basically I would love to just insert a graphic somewhere or use a background image or something. When my sites were HTML, it was easy. With the php and smarty templates, I have no idea how.