Category Images??

So I created a number of nice section title images… and planned to add them to each of my categories via the category image settings (thumbnail and popup larger).

As soon as I add either format of image (or as a pair) the section no longer lists my products when viewed and the images are not shown either???

How are these images meant to be used? and why does adding them cause the page not to show the listing?

Does it matter that the categories I am working with are a second level category?

OK, I got that part of it… stupid me… forgot I followed a couple of the my_changes KB articles and I have a view.override.tpl in place already.

So I got rid of that, well actually replaced the content of it with the content of the current view.tpl. That solved the above problem :wink:

However I now want to have the thumbnail for the subcategories to display.

I see code in the template for displaying an image, and I checked the code used to display the category images on the index.php?dispatch=categories.catalog page.

so I am testing this:

{if $category.category_id}

• - {$category.category} -

{include file="common_templates/image.tpl" show_detailed_link=false object_type="category" no_ids=true images=$category.main_pair }
    {include file="common_templates/image.tpl" show_detailed_link=true object_type="category" no_ids=true images=$category_data.main_pair class="cm-thumbnails"}
    {include file="common_templates/image.tpl" show_detailed_link=true object_type="category" no_ids=true images=$category.main_pair class="cm-thumbnails"}

• {/if}

I’m getting the category name and link, but none of the images are being included (yes I only want 1)

Any help on this would be appreciated, I can only guess that the object reference is wrong… but thats a wild guess.

I just tested another parent category, and I have images, but they are of the parent categories thumbnail image… so I’m now feeling correct about the object reference being wrong… but I need some guidance as to how to change this.