category image on products list page?

how do i get rid of the category image that appears on the list of products page?

Hi,

I think what you want to do is to delete the category image.

In admin panel click on the “Catalog” tab then click on “Categories” in the tab sub menu. Now click on the different categories to edit the content of them, You can delete the category pictures from here.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Aleks

thanks alex, but no i dont want to delete the category image totally as i want the category image to appear on the catalog page… i just dont want the image showing when you you view the list of products

how do i get rid of the category image that appears on the product list page? anyone? please?

One, you can set CSS to display none on that class

or

Two, you can edit /skins/[skin name]/customer/views/categories/view.tpl

{include file="common_templates/image.tpl" show_detailed_link=true images=$category_data.main_pair object_type="category" no_ids=true class="cm-thumbnails"}

[quote name=‘TexasGuy’]One, you can set CSS to display none on that class

or

Two, you can edit /skins/[skin name]/customer/views/categories/view.tpl

{include file="common_templates/image.tpl" show_detailed_link=true images=$category_data.main_pair object_type="category" no_ids=true class="cm-thumbnails"}
[/QUOTE]

I am not good at coding, can you specify what parameters need to be changed, because view.tpl contains exact same code line, and images are shown in product list.

In:

skins/your-skin/customer/views/categories/view.tpl

You should be able to remove or comment out:

{if $category_data.main_pair}

{if $category_data.main_pair.detailed_id}
{include file="common_templates/previewer.tpl"}
{/if}

{/if}

That should remove the category image from the category.

I haven’t actually tested it myself, but I’m pretty sure I’m right.

Brandon

I have read everywhere on how to remove the category detailed image from top area on the categories list page just under the description. I have tried it all and nothing seems to work. Any help appreciated. I have tried:

and even took out the blah coding and still no go.

MaryMae

to get rid of the image, comment out this

only, and clear cache.

```php

```

this for 2.1.2.CE

I have tried to remove the category top image in the categories listing page (just under the category title) and no go. The image is there no matter what. I have wasted 2 days on trying to remove the doggone image. I have tried evry method mentioned in the forum. I even took out the code in my override page. What a headache this is.

Any ideas before I move on to another shopping cart and do away with CS cart???

Help appreciated!

MaryMae

When you enable Design Mode and look at the area where the category image is located, are you in your override template or in the standard template? It should show you pretty clearly where the call the {include file=“common_templates/image.tpl”} is. You want to surround that with comments. A comment in smarty is “{* *}” (without quotes).