Category hyperlink

Is it possible to make one of my category menu buttons a hyperlink to an external site?

If someone is browsing your site, maybe he expects to see what you have and remain in your site and not be redirected without knowing. Categories, is a place where you show what is in your site. Maybe is better to create an html block with links and named “other vendors”, “external links” or “see for more”… etc.

But, not all rules apply, and of course there are cases when the surfer expect to be redirected or there is a benefit for your site doing that.

Best regards.

I don’t think so. You can make an external link in ‘Top menu’ or ‘Quick link’.

[quote name=‘colortone’]If someone is browsing your site, maybe he expects to see what you have and remain in your site and not be redirected without knowing. Categories, is a place where you show what is in your site. Maybe is better to create an html block with links and named “other vendors”, “external links” or “see for more”… etc.

But, not all rules apply, and of course there are cases when the surfer expect to be redirected or there is a benefit for your site doing that.

Best regards.[/QUOTE]

The link would open in a new window and open another of my own websites related to the topic that was clicked on, so I dont see this as an issue.

I have a couple of extra menus on the top navbar so am not sure I want to add more, but ultimately may do this.

Currently i do have a html block with the link in it.