Cat, Product, Homepage Lists Changes

How do I add the product code (item or model#) to the homepage, category, product lists in the front end. Actually, all front end lists. We have so many products that are so similar that we can't tell if we are looking at the right product or not.

Also, in our front end homepage, category lists, all lists I have attached an image to explain the changes needed.

Thank you bunches,

MsKitti

lists.gif

Product lists templates are located here:

design/themes/THEME/templates/blocks/list_templates

Product details templates are located here:

design/themes/THEME/templates/blocks/product_templates

Use hooks in these files to add product code with the following code:

{$product.product_code}

You need to trim shown product names

You could always add a tool-tip (or hover event) to show the product code for a product.

How do I add the product code (item or model#) to the homepage, category, product lists in the front end. Actually, all front end lists. We have so many products that are so similar that we can't tell if we are looking at the right product or not.

Also, in our front end homepage, category lists, all lists I have attached an image to explain the changes needed.

Thank you bunches,

MsKitti

Hello,

You could use flexbox to achieve your results (same height) http://getbootstrap.com.vn/examples/equal-height-columns/

Kind regards,

There was module on the marketplace for the same height cells.

This reply:

{$product.product_code}

Do I get there from the the admin area which I don't see that path or do I edit the page in the directories. How do I edit the page so upgrades will not replace it?

Thanks,

MsKitti

This reply:

{$product.product_code}

Do I get there from the the admin area which I don't see that path or do I edit the page in the directories. How do I edit the page so upgrades will not replace it?

It should be available at Design -> Templates

As alternative, use FTP access to your server or file manager in the control panel of your server