Cart Quantity Discount To Exclude One Product

I have one product that is 99 cents that I want to have the cart NOT count it for a (cart) quantity discount. Essentially I am trying to avoid having the customer add this one item to the cart to get an additional 10% off because that item is so cheap that it makes total sense for the customer to spend the extra 99 cents to save way more than that. Example: $100 order and they add that one 99 cent item to the cart they get $10 off. This is too easy to take advantage of.

I thought this would be pretty simple by making the cart not use that one product in the conditions area but that didn't work. Then I thought since this was my only 99 cent item I could do it off that price but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

FYI I do already have some exclusions set up based on weight but they eliminate the entire quantity discount altogether if I go that route...which is not what I'm looking for.

Hello,

Maybe condition "Products not in" will work? If you want to prevent promotion from triggering if certain product is in cart, you can just set this condition (as shown on image below), and customer won't be able to activate the discount, if he has it in cart.

http://cs-cart.pl/images/prom.png

Best regards,

Robert

Hello,

Maybe condition "Products not in" will work? If you want to prevent promotion from triggering if certain product is in cart, you can just set this condition (as shown on image below), and customer won't be able to activate the discount, if he has it in cart.

http://cs-cart.pl/images/prom.png

Best regards,

Robert

Yeah, I tried that one and it didn't work for some reason. Was thinking I misunderstood how it worked. I also want to make sure I don't completely eliminate the quantity discounts just because the customer adds the one item to the cart. If they add two of some other items the discount should still apply. I may just end up having to not offer this cheap product....or at least price it where the discount doesn't outweigh the average price of the order.

Hello,

So you don't want cheap products to BLOCK the promotions completely, but only make them not count in calculations regarding the discount? Well, there's no such condition in CS-Cart, and we do not have an add-on which enables that. However, we can write it for you - if you're interested, write here or PM us more details about the condition you'd like to create.

Best regards,

Robert

Hello,

So you don't want cheap products to BLOCK the promotions completely, but only make them not count in calculations regarding the discount? Well, there's no such condition in CS-Cart, and we do not have an add-on which enables that. However, we can write it for you - if you're interested, write here or PM us more details about the condition you'd like to create.

Best regards,

Robert

Thanks Robert for the suggestion. I just decided to make it available only in a larger package number and increase the price. This makes more financial sense if they do add it to an order...the profit should compensate for the discount if someone is trying to work the discount system.

Hello

It's a good idea. Good luck.

Best regards

Robert