Cart Licence for around $100?

Hi there,

I’m currently testing CS-Cart with the 60 day trial and i’m really impressed by the features and payment gateways it offers. The back end is solid and easy to grasp also. I don’t have the budget to buy a brand new License for the software and ready somewhere that you can buy used Licenses and have them transferred - so they question is does anyone know or have a License i could purchase from them for upto $100?

Thanks Guys.

License transfers (as I recall) are not possible, accordingly there is no marketplace for them.

CS-Cart retails for $265? Resellers are not allowed to drop their prices anything lower than 30% I believe.

I guess you are out of luck.

thats a kick in the virtual ba11s for me then… :S

I think you can lease a CS-Cart License… I’d check with Snorocket on the forums. I think he had it posted in his signature at one time. Not sure.

Out of curiosity what are you selling? $265 is nothing in the scheme of things for running an online business, or any business for that matter. I don’t mean to be harsh, but unless what you are selling retails for less than $1 and you only plan on selling 10 a month, I honestly don’t understand how saving $165 could be the deciding factor for choosing a cart. If it is, I question whether or not you are really ready to run an online business.

CS-Cart is the top of the line e-commerce out their but if you can’t justify spending $265+ yet then I’d recommend http://www.opencart.com, they just released v1.4.7 and they have lots of free extensions, I run several stores on both platforms with no problems - Sno

[quote name=‘jmottle’]Out of curiosity what are you selling? $265 is nothing in the scheme of things for running an online business, or any business for that matter. I don’t mean to be harsh, but unless what you are selling retails for less than $1 and you only plan on selling 10 a month, I honestly don’t understand how saving $165 could be the deciding factor for choosing a cart. If it is, I question whether or not you are really ready to run an online business.[/QUOTE]

I agree the price is not Expensive in world terms but im trying to get the best value for money i can given that money itself is not free - i have a tight budget** and so am trying to get the most i can. Im going to be selling console parts, repair services & media.

I might look into the lease option thats been mentioned as that seems to be a good way to obtain the software ;:rolleyes:

**paypal are holding a substantial amount of funds for 180days - they are an awfull provider when it comes to accepting funds for console parts even with proven history of good ebay selling :???: )

[quote name=‘G.Hudson’]

**paypal are holding a substantial amount of funds for 180days -[/quote]

180 days!! Did they impose this reserve from the start or did it come after you signed up? knock on wood I have no reserve at the moment, but I keep hearing these horror stories. I’m also using Website Payments Pro. I assume you are too?

Did you try prestashop? it’s a good free cart to start with.

[quote name=‘Ion_Cannon’]Did you try prestashop? it’s a good free cart to start with.[/QUOTE]

just out of curiosity, what do you think about prestashop vs opencart?