Cart Empty On Checkout

I have a customer who's cart becomes empty on checkout. The items are there when they view their cart but becomes empty on going to checkout. I cannot replicate it.

Suggestions?

ask them to check what browser and version they use, possibly an old version of ie, and a compatibility mode issue

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, every months I have a client that call me with this problem and I can't solve this, and the biggest problem is that the payment method used by the client is paypal so I can't create the order in the backoffice for the client pay after.

Please can someone help with this error?

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, every months I have a client that call me with this problem and I can't solve this, and the biggest problem is that the payment method used by the client is paypal so I can't create the order in the backoffice for the client pay after.

Please can someone help with this error?

Why you can not create the order in the backoffice for the client pay after?

Why you can nott create the order in the backoffice for the client pay after?

I can create the order in the backoffice, but how the client pay this order by Paypal? The cs-cart dont have solution to pay the order after has been done by the administrator in the backoffice.

The unique solution to pay with Paypal is doing the order in the front office but like I said the client can't finish the order because when go from cart to checkout the cart goes empty.

Please read about repay functionality

https://docs.cs-cart.com/4.9.x/user_guide/orders/order_statuses/allow_repay.html

Thanks, this is the solution for my problem.

Best regards.