Cart can't pull "real time" UPS rates for 3-Day or OverNight!

I need some help.

The shopping cart isn’t pulling “real time” rates for UPS 3-Day Air and Ground Shipping. I get pricing on OverNight & 2-Day Air though.

I went to admin, Shipping/Taxes and under Shipping Settings I clicked to edit Ground Shipping. The settings appear to be fine. BUT when I run a test I get an error N/A when it tries to pull pricing.

The others work fine. It’s just these two. Again, the settings are the same as I have with the ones that I work, so I don’t see why it isn’t pulling pricing.

The problem I believe is that you are testing this thru the CS-Cart admin and both your location & destination addresses are identical…

Best way to test this is to simulate a customer test order through the front end making certain that you do enter a legitimate, verifiable ship to address.

Also, in the weight limit fields, just enter 0.00 in the 1st field and leave the second field empty (UPS will round up any package to the next higher wt. in Lbs regardless.

BTW, we have all of the services you mention returned in realtime without a hitch, so they should work fine if you have everything setup correctly.

I’ve actually added items to my shopping cart through the actual store and choose to do a shipping estimate by entering in my zip code and it didn’t come back with 3 Day Air or Ground fees either.

It’s almost like it can’t communicate with UPS. It says ERROR, which makes me believe it’s technical.

Well, at least try to get a bit more creative by using a different destination State & Zip Code than your own ship from location when using the rates calculator! :wink:

Also, double check “Your” default address within the admin, store settings, UPS account settings, etc, etc.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Well, at least try to get a bit more creative by using a different destination State & Zip Code than your own ship from location when using the rates calculator! :wink:

Also, double check “Your” default address within the admin, store settings, UPS account settings, etc, etc.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your help. I know it seems silly to think that I been trying to ship a package from my location’s zip code to the same zip code, but when when I go from my zip code in Virginia, USA to 90210 in Los Angeles, it still comes back with screwy results. Such as… no Ground Shipping to LA? mmm