Card Payments Will Stop Working On Oct 15Th

I have posted about this before and raised a support ticket but this situation is becoming serious.

I cant understand why others are not raising it. On 15th October 2022, the card providers, Visa, Mastercard will de-support 3DS1 transactions.

CS Cart does not support 3DS2, so card payments will stop working on that date. Well, when I say "does not support" I mean not on Paypal Pro, our card processing platform.

I dont know if CS Cart will still work after this date on other card processing platforms. If anyone does know, and can confirm if it will support 3DS2 on any other UK based card processing platform we may be able to move to a different card provider.

Basic Stripe should work well

It appears there is now a third-party add-on which supports Paypal Checkout SDK (a 3DS2 compliant solution) so that might be our way forward.

I have to say that CS Cart support are trying to provide answers on this although they seem to be somewhat behind the curve they are working on 3DS2. On the other hand Paypal just seem to be throwing customers under a bus. The emails we repeately receive from them simply tell us to find another solution! They dont even mention any other Paypal platform as an option.

This is despite being a large-turnover user of Paypal processing.

In addition to basic Stripe Paypal Express should work well.

Hello!

The CS-Cart itself does not process payments so is not affected by these changes anyhow. As for the most significant payment methods like Stripe and PayPal, as far as we were able to investigate the situation, they will support the new protocol without any changes from our end.

Unfortunately the PayPal Pro and PayPal Advanced will be deprecated since 14-th of October, so we are working on integration of PayPal Pro based on PayPal SDK. Most probably, it won't be included in the upcoming version 4.15.2, but it will be available in the very near future.

Hope this explains the situation.

I use PayPal Pro as my payment processor. Are you saying that on the 14th it will stop working?

I use PayPal Pro as my payment processor. Are you saying that on the 14th it will stop working?

If you are located in the UK or any EU country it will stop working for all UK or EU card payments.

If you are located in the UK or any EU country it will stop working for all UK or EU card payments.

I'm located in the USA, but I get orders from both the UK and EU. Am I still affected?

I'm located in the USA, but I get orders from both the UK and EU. Am I still affected?

No, if either the merchant or customer are outside UK/EU then not affected.

Hello!

The CS-Cart itself does not process payments so is not affected by these changes anyhow. As for the most significant payment methods like Stripe and PayPal, as far as we were able to investigate the situation, they will support the new protocol without any changes from our end.

Unfortunately the PayPal Pro and PayPal Advanced will be deprecated since 14-th of October, so we are working on integration of PayPal Pro based on PayPal SDK. Most probably, it won't be included in the upcoming version 4.15.2, but it will be available in the very near future.

Hope this explains the situation.

Hi CS -

What about Opayo (Formerly Sagepay) which we have a number of stores using the FORM method. Will this be affected?

Kindest

Kevin

Hi CS -

What about Opayo (Formerly Sagepay) which we have a number of stores using the FORM method. Will this be affected?

Kindest

Kevin

Hi!

The current version of SagePay Form payment method does not support 3D Secure, so I am afraid, 3D Secure 2.0 version will not be support either.

The SagePay Direct, however supports 3D Secure and looking from the documentation:

https://www.opayo.co.uk/guide

current integration will support 3D Secure as well.

I hope it will help you.

Hi!

The current version of SagePay Form payment method does not support 3D Secure, so I am afraid, 3D Secure 2.0 version will not be support either.

The SagePay Direct, however supports 3D Secure and looking from the documentation:

https://www.opayo.co.uk/guide

current integration will support 3D Secure as well.

I hope it will help you.

thanks, but just to be clear, so you are saying those using "sagepay form" should change over to sagepay direct in cs cart payment methods

thanks

john

thanks, but just to be clear, so you are saying those using "sagepay form" should change over to sagepay direct in cs cart payment methods

thanks

john

Yes, you need to switch to Sage Pay direct instead of Sage Pay form in case you wish to accept payments with support of 3D Secure.

Yes, you need to switch to Sage Pay direct instead of Sage Pay form in case you wish to accept payments with support of 3D Secure.

thanks

Can you get someone to chekc my forum status please, I have emailed mods but not heard anything.

I cant start new posts as I have been changed to trial user ?

An update on this:

The good news is the Paypal 3DS2 platform is supported on the new release of CS Cart 4.15.2

The bad news is we are not allowed to have it. We have not been selected to have this upgrade made available to us yet. Which is odd as the developers have evidently got this done just in time for the deadline of 15th but someone has decided we cant have the results of their efforts.

To add to above (not sure why I cant edit):

We implemented an add-on from CS Commerce for Paypal Checkout SDK integration. This is not quite as seamless as the old Paypal Pro integration because it requires phone number entry, even if the number is already entered into the store. Also has a "ship to billing address" check box which is by default enabled, even if the customer has already specified a different shipping/billing address.

For these reasons we left the old checkout as a default option for non EU/UK customers.

Its so frustrating not being able to try CS Carts own integration for this platform.

@andywarne

are you saying its a probpem only if you use payapl as a credit card processor.

Im in the uk and had a message from Opayo (sagepay) a month or so back to alter my 3d secure settings but thats all,

I have taken paypal and standard credit card payments yesterday and today.

I did have a couple of peope on Friday saying couldnt checkout via paypal as the recaptcha wasnt showing but giving an error saying recaptch missing or invalid, but thats about it.

It seems ok up to now ?

The issue does not affect Paypal payments.

It affects all card payments in EU/UK but most card processors have implemented this without requiring users to migrate to a new platform. Paypal required migration to a platform which CS Cart didnt support until just now.

I am hearing that many merchants are being caught out though, as they are still on older versions of other providers platforms which dont support 3DS2.

Wow, the loss of PayPal Pro is a very big issue. We are in the US and it still working for us but I am concerned about the future. The flow of vital information needs improvement. I do not recall getting an email blast about this potential issue and do not feel like I should have to log into a forum to stumble on it while I am looking for other information.

We understand that it’s a big issue. That’s why CS-Cart 4.15.2 has PayPal Checkout with 3-D Secure 2 as a replacement. We had to implement it on short notice, once we found out about the change.

As for the emails, PayPal were the ones who sent it. Personally, I feel that they’re in a better position to do that. After all, PayPal staff know for certain who uses the solutions that are getting deprecated. For example, they may have seen that you’re in the US (and therefore not affected) and decided not to disturb you.