can't upgrade past 2.0.8

I am running 2.0.7 and want to upgrade to 2.0.12.

I ran 2.0.7-2.0.8 and was successful. It is listed on my ‘installed upgrades’ list, however, when I return to the upgrade center, the Install button remains below 2.0.7-2.0.8 and I can’t move onto 2.0.9.

I found another thread that mentioned changing permissions on config.php and config.local.php but that didn’t change anything. (I set them to 666 and even went up to 777 with no success.)

Any ideas?? :confused:

Another point I just noticed… When I try to view the file changes, it does not display the file. It just shows an empty box where the file with the red/green changes would normally be shown.

Hello Ogia,

Just some food for thought!

Considering you will have approx. 5 upgrade steps to reach 2.0.12, is it possible that you could just do a fresh install of 2.0.12 and incorporate any specific file modifications you have made?

From your posts I can tell you have considerable experience including working directly with MySQL, so in the long run maybe this would be a better route.

As I am sure you realize, there can be definite benefits to manually upgrading when it is feasible, as in something called “Control”. :wink:

Thanks for the suggestion. :slight_smile: However, how do you account for the changes that are made to the database during the upgrade? Is there a thread that already explains this? (I have been reading through them, but there are so many upgrade threads it’s hard to find good info.)

I opened a ticket with support and the answer I received is that my store appears to still be version 2.0.7 and the upgrade to 2.0.8 needs to be tried again. That would be great if I hadn’t already done that step at least 5x to see if it would let me move on.

Hello Ogia,

[QUOTE]Thanks for the suggestion. However, how do you account for the changes that are made to the database during the upgrade? Is there a thread that already explains this? (I have been reading through them, but there are so many upgrade threads it’s hard to find good info.)[/QUOTE]

I know how I would do it!

Using a good database compare & Synch tool, compare the database structure of a fresh, outta the box version 2.0.12 db to your stores db. Then with this tool you can create an sql script to make the needed changes to your old db. For that matter, you could probably just do a “data compare” and move your old data into a newly installed, fresh 2.0.12 database, connect your 2.0.12 store to this new DB & be good to go (other than incorporating any customized file/skin modifications you may have into your new 2.0.12 install. As far as the database compare tools, I have used various products from EMS over the yrs, they are good.

[url]http://www.sqlmanager.net/en/products/mysql[/url]

I hear Navicat is also very good & I see they have a DB compare & synch feature for both data as well as stucture.

[url]Error | Navicat

Hmm, I already have Navicat… I guess I haven’t explored all the features. I will play around with it later. I like the idea of doing it all myself anyway because I hate not knowing what’s going on in the background.

Thanks!

[QUOTE]Hmm, I already have Navicat… I guess I haven’t explored all the features. I will play around with it later. I like the idea of doing it all myself anyway because I hate not knowing what’s going on in the background.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Your welcome Ogia, glad if I was able to help. :wink:

I will tell you this, having the ability to perform database compares (both structural as well as data) can be an absolute lifesaver, it will grow on you & you will probably find yourself doing this more & more frequently!