Cant upgrade due to a nobody ownership?

Hi.

I cant upgarde from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8 for some strange reason.

When trying to upgarde the script changes the ownership to 99 (nobody) and I cant figur it out why or do anything about it.

Did anyone got this error and know how to fix it?

Honestly I’ve never heard that one before. How about checking your permissions.

The permissions are more than OK. I dont know what happen, I do know that Joomla and SDrupal had a similar problem, but unfortunatlly their solution dont apply to cs-car software.

The script is always trying to write pages, and I always get errors, inside admin and front page, I can still work, but they are anoying.

[QUOTE]Warning: file_put_contents(/home//public_html/var/cache/lang_cache.GET_index_index_PT_eur.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/deporfor/public_html/core/class.registry.php on line 158

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/
/public_html/var/cache/cache_update_handlers.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/deporfor/public_html/core/class.registry.php on line 172[/QUOTE]

If ai run on shell the command:

chown -R owner:group /home/***/public_html/ and refresh the page everything is fine, but as soon as I try to do something on the admin or reload the front page the rrors apear again.

Im clueless here

[quote name=‘nbento’]Hi.

When trying to upgarde the script changes the ownership to 99 (nobody) and I cant figur it out why or do anything about it.

Did anyone got this error and know how to fix it?[/quote]

This means that either:

A) Your server is disallowing the changes performed by the upgrade script

B) The upgrade script is using the “99” files and rewriting the “99” permissions to the remaining files.

you’ll most likely see this effecting product images.

Hi Jesse

The strange thing here is that if I downgrade to 2.0.6 this errors dont happen… only using the 2.0.7 version and when trying to upgrade to 2.0.8.

[quote name=‘nbento’]Hi.

Did anyone got this error and know how to fix it?[/QUOTE]

You are executing the upgrade script on a server running Apache module (DSO) based PHP.

Any [COLOR=“Red”]NEW[/COLOR] files created by the web server (or any script you run from the web site) will be created as owned by “nobody”.

To get around this, you need to create those files in advance and make them “writable” for web access (666 owner:owner / 660 owner:nobody) and then the ownership should remain after the file is changed.

A much better solution is change to SuPHP or if hosted, change to a host running SuPHP and then you won’t have to worry about mixed ownerships anymore.

[quote name=‘nbento’]

If ai run on shell the command:

chown -R owner:group /home/***/public_html/ and refresh the page everything is fine, but as soon as I try to do something on the admin or reload the front page the rrors apear again.

Im clueless here[/QUOTE]

We had this exact same problem. Here’s CS-Cart’s response to a helpdesk ticket about it:

[quote]

In order to solve the problem please try cleaning up cache. Please remove the files from the “var/cache” directory and remove the “var/compiled” directory of your CS-Cart installation. Also make sure that the “images” directory of your CS-Cart installation, its files and subdirectories have 777 permissions. Then try to add an image link when adding a product.

[/quote]

We cleared the cache in specified folders, and changed those permissions to 777 on those pesky registration files and folders.

I recommend you do a full backup and CLOSE your store so you don’t have any sort of possibility of security breach. Once you are successful upgrading, then change all of the permissions back to 755. Re-open your store, and you should be good to go.

[quote name=‘Spiral’]

A much better solution is change to SuPHP or if hosted, change to a host running SuPHP and then you won’t have to worry about mixed ownerships anymore.[/QUOTE]

We are changing ours to SuPHP soon, and yes, this is the best solution, however, if you want to do it immediately and not worry about learning about suPHP, just letting you know you can do it another way. Please understand that my suggestion is not necessarily the BEST or safest way, but it is a way.

Good Luck.

Speaking of you soon converting to SuPHP and while on that side topic …

Just an FYI for those running their own servers and for the web hosts out there,

I have a number of scripts, tools, and cron processes available that completely

automate the process of updating all the accounts on the server for SuPHP

and fix things like ownerships, permissions, dealing with php_flag commands,

and so forth and so on and then keeps things in sync so that user’s don’t

turn around and mess themselves up again.

[quote name=‘Spiral’]Speaking of you soon converting to SuPHP and while on that side topic …

Just an FYI for those running their own servers and for the web hosts out there,

I have a number of scripts, tools, and cron processes available that completely

automate the process of updating all the accounts on the server for SuPHP

and fix things like ownerships, permissions, dealing with php_flag commands,

and so forth and so on and then keeps things in sync so that user’s don’t

turn around and mess themselves up again.[/QUOTE]

really?? how could we get our hands on these scripts and jobs?

well we are going to do the 2.0.9 update the old fashioned way first, and then we don’t plan to upgrade for a while, but it would be nice to talk more about this.

We have our own server so this could be interesting. PM me.