Can't login after moving site

Hi!

I moved my trial from CS-cart that I had at siteground to my own VPS (at another hosting provider) but now I can’t login to the admin area anymore.

Is this some kind of protection, or did I do something wrong?

Would be great if you can help me out. I bought a license this week if that helps.

Thanks - Floris

What happens… Do u see the log in screen?

Yes, I see the login screen, fill in my credentials, press enter and it just refreshes.

Update! Just found out it does work on another browser, it just does not work in Chrome!

Tried clearing my history and everything, but still the same. Weird!

Solved this, apparently chrome can’t run the site correctly when it is not linked to a domain yet.

[quote name=‘Flow’]Solved this, apparently chrome can’t run the site correctly when it is not linked to a domain yet.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is true. Chrome and also Opera have a “bug/poor design choice” when it comes to storing cookies. They must be tied to a domain name and do not work when the website is just an IP address.

This was driving me crazy when I was testing my new site design on a test server with no domain. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with my coding and why Chrome and Opera wouldn’t keep items in the cart!

All lies!

Clear your cookies!

It’s not a lie. I don’t use chrome or opera and on a fresh install this issue was there. Then after researching it I found it to be a design flaw.

[quote name=‘adodric’]It’s not a lie. I don’t use chrome or opera and on a fresh install this issue was there. Then after researching it I found it to be a design flaw.[/quote]

The ! was for comedic emphasis.

Clear cache + cookies - I get this issue for each and every upgrade that I complete due partly to the administration login cookie not being cleared in SSL mode.

!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I just eat the cookies instead. :wink: