Cant access site.

Please look at this link to my site [url]http://cheapokia.com/index.php[/url].

thanks in advance

You need to CHMOD the entire directory of /var/ to 777-r and all files under said directory.

Thanx for replying.

I have already changed permission for the folders which could be changed.

database and skins_repository folder says cant be changed due to read-only system.

Have also tried deleted away whole var but still doesnt solve the problem. I cant access admin too.

Any idea please?

by the way, i have this detailed_clonePhpLsH text file in var folder…which i tried to delete and it gets back,unable to change permission too…its at 600, could this be the problem?

[quote name=‘Cheapboh’]by the way, i have this detailed_clonePhpLsH text file in var folder…which i tried to delete and it gets back,unable to change permission too…its at 600, could this be the problem?[/QUOTE]

Which hosting are you on? I have a similar problem but my version is 1.3.5 SP4.

It seems my server is on read-only mode…I even can not close my store.

am on CyberLNC…awwww was postin items halfway when tat just happened :frowning:

Now the website is accessible.

oh well its working again. its server problem i guess but its all good now thanks.

I’m having the exact same issue. I think it’s cyberlnc. I contacted them last night and they seem to be working on it… It at least looks different than it did last night!

Hi

Don’t want to rain or your parade but if I try to access your site I get a 404!!!

BarryH

Trying to decide what to do here. My site has been down for over 14 hours and other people seem to be having the same issue. I am not getting a response from the host, who I am sure is very busy trying to resolve their issues. Should I reupload to another host (potentially hours of work) and change the nameserver or stick it out and wait for them to resolve their issues? I know propagation would take a while. I am not so worried about losing customers, as I am of having google try to visit my site, finding nonsense, and dropping me in ranking.

At this point, I can’t even access my cpanel!

Hi Moka,

We’ve had a hard-drive fail (as response to our email yesterday) and it’s in the process of being replaced. I can’t comment further as I’m out of the updates at this time

Jesse

Jesse, thanks for the response. I didn’t get the email because the server is down.

I’m just a little nervous about the 404 messages and what that will do to my serps.

Thanks for working on it!

This recovery process is longer than my expectation…

The last message I got was:

“the new drive has a brand new install of the operating system and cPanel, right now we have not moved any of the client sites back onto the new hard drive yet, we are still doing some testing to make sure all is going to work without further issues.”

but that was a few hours ago.

Well, it’s a giant loss today, but I guess I was able to concentrate on inventory instead of packing today! I’m hoping to go to bed and magically find my site repaired in the morning…

I have the same problem!

and it’s been 20 hours!:?