Can't Access Admin Panel

Hi all, I have major problems with my site! i was getting MANY incompleted orders happening to the same person so decided to close the store and investigate. I am now however locked out of the admin panel it simply says page not found after entering my information into the admin panel log in page. I can see the log in page however when I hit the enter button it simply times out and gives me a page 404 not found! I could really do with some help. Thank you so much.

Regards

You'll get a 404 error if a php controller can't find its corresponding template (view). If you're getting the login prompt, then it is after the 'auth' controller where you're having a problem.

I would go into the database in the 'addons' table and turn off of the 'statuses' to 'D' (note which were 'A' to start with). It's probable that an addon is trying to do something where the page is no longer available. This will leave you with the 'core' site with all addons disabled. If you can get in then, you can start enabling until you get a failure. But unfortunately it might be trial and error. But it will probably be addons with a controllers/admin/auth.post.php controller. My addons use that a lot for verifying licenses. If there's been corruption, then that could be the cause of problems.

Thank you tbirnseth, I have put a D in every row, however I am still getting the same error message, sorry! :-( I don’t mind paying someone to try and fix it as at the moment our site is completely useless. :-) Could it be possible that this is a permission error that my host is going to need to sort out?

Regards

Delete the /var/cache/ and /var/compiled/ files and what that does for you.

Thank you The Tool, unfortunaltely this does nothing! I have also deleted /cache /compiled and then gone to file and tried then deleted all and tried sqlite again. Still nadda! :cry: me cries!

Email your host. Might be the firewall kicked it and blocked your IP.

I have tried from a variety of IP's and from a 3G network too!

I have just enabled our frontend store and EVERYTHING works exactly as it should except the random hot product addon on the front page is now showing ALL 50 products instead of 8 and when trying to log in the script times out. If I try and checkout with a product in the cart as soon as i enter my username and password and hit enter…same thing. The script times out and gives us 500.shtml page! I tried several administrators login details too! If I checkout as guest then I can complete the order, however I cannot complete the order when creating an account it gives the exact same 500.shtml error. :-(

Check your database for any bad tables. Specifically anything that starts with cscart_user…

My bet is that your site crashed and one of the user tables (most likely csccart_users) need sto be repaired.

Should it be as easy as finding that in the database selecting the row and choosing to repair? Thank you for your advice on this.

Yes, go into cpanel, then databases and select check database or repair database.

John

THANK YOU ALL so much for your help. I was just about to try to access the DB to check the _user rows and I had a cPanel is currently not licenced please contact the server administrator. Meaning that I could not access phpMyAdmin. I thought I would just try one last time to log in to our Admin Panel an lo and behold it's fine, I can log in without a single problem. I can order without a single problem etc etc. The day prior to our website being innaccessible I experienced the exact same error on cPanel and contacted Martfox to get it resolved! They said they would resolve it with cPanel. When trying to fix our CS-Cart issue I mentioned the coincedence with the cPanel activation and said that in no way would it effect the CS-Cart software. However now I am extremely sceptical. The licence is not working and now the site functions perfectly. Effectively we have managed to lose the weekends takings which is not the end of the world, but can it be possible that the CS-Cart store would be effected by this licence??

Again thank you so so so much for all your help I greatly appreciate it from all of you.

Regards

Something you'll have to discuss/resolve with Martfox…

[quote name='AmitP' timestamp='1318775631' post='123792']

THANK YOU ALL so much for your help. I was just about to try to access the DB to check the _user rows and I had a cPanel is currently not licenced please contact the server administrator. Meaning that I could not access phpMyAdmin. I thought I would just try one last time to log in to our Admin Panel an lo and behold it's fine, I can log in without a single problem. I can order without a single problem etc etc. The day prior to our website being innaccessible I experienced the exact same error on cPanel and contacted Martfox to get it resolved! They said they would resolve it with cPanel. When trying to fix our CS-Cart issue I mentioned the coincedence with the cPanel activation and said that in no way would it effect the CS-Cart software. However now I am extremely sceptical. The licence is not working and now the site functions perfectly. Effectively we have managed to lose the weekends takings which is not the end of the world, but can it be possible that the CS-Cart store would be effected by this licence??

Again thank you so so so much for all your help I greatly appreciate it from all of you.

Regards

[/quote]

Hi,

the cPanel license has nothing to do with the script, files on the server, or DB.

I thought as much but was a bizarre coincidence.Thanks Indy.