Cannot really operate as true multi vendor

Hi everyone, and apoligies if this has already been raised or fixed in the latest release, but it seems that the system is unable to assign a specific payment methed to each vendor, as with Esty.

Eg. Vendor 1 uses Paypal and simply enters his own details.

Vendor 2 uses his own gateway and gets redirected.

Vendor 3 uses direct deposit and needs to enter account details.

Without this function the system cannot really function as multi-vendor.

i am not a coder, but it would follow the same logic as the shipping methods ie create Paypal- vendor 1 payment mehtod and assign to vendor 1.

any thoughts

agree

multivendor should have this option as payment

[quote name=‘seabassvg’]

Eg. Vendor 1 uses Paypal and simply enters his own details.

Vendor 2 uses his own gateway and gets redirected.

Vendor 3 uses direct deposit and needs to enter account details.

[/quote]

What happens when a customer purchases from Vendor 1, 2 and 3? The payment is split and send to 3 different payment processors? Is this how it works with Etsy?

On Etsy you have to make multiple payments, 1 to each vendor.

Wait for the multi-company version which is what you’re requesting. Note the keyword “vendor”. I.e. they are a supplier to you, not an independent company.

If they are a supplier, then would the pro version with supplier module activated not do the same thing? I have not used the pro version so I am not too familiar with how it works.

In some countries it is illegal to invoice a customer in one enitity (in this case the vendor) and pay the money into another account (in this case the storefront). It could be seen as a fraudulent transaction.

Sno, the point about how to pay is interesting as etsy’s model is not very convenient to the customer. i am not sure how one would get around it. Would have to ask my accountant’s opinion.

Looking forward to the official release :slight_smile:

The best example of the multi-vendor solution I’ve seen is for vacation rentals… Someone puts up a site where various categories and/or products are maintained by the property owners. The site owner takes care of payments, scheduling, and communication with the buyer. The owner maintains the imagery, information and pricing but billing is through the site.

The multi-company version is intended to put multiple companies up under a single domain with (I’m assuming) a top-level navigation that will shift you into the different companies. So a “watch provider” could have several different companies that sold watches or watch accessories and would manage the marketing to the domain but manage the various pieces as separrate companies. In this case, payment processing would be separate (though a single account could be used if desired). In this model, the inventory can be separate or shared among companies.

[quote]

In some countries it is illegal to invoice a customer in one enitity (in this case the vendor) and pay the money into another account (in this case the storefront). It could be seen as a fraudulent transaction.

[/quote]

Guess Ebay and Amazon are illegal in some places then.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1289076587' post='93992']

Wait for the multi-company version which is what you're requesting. Note the keyword “vendor”. I.e. they are a supplier to you, not an independent company.

[/quote]

Does this version have a release date? I wonder if there will be a path from vendor to company, or even pro to company?

Hello JB_1975,

A beta-version of CS-Cart Multi-Store Edition is expected to be completed no earlier than August, 2011.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

It's now august, we are interested in the Multiple store version, any release date yet ?

pls advice as we are keen to purchase one soonest. thanks !

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1311582319' post='118169']

Hello JB_1975,

A beta-version of CS-Cart Multi-Store Edition is expected to be completed no earlier than August, 2011.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Hello kswei,

Thank you for your message. We are planning to release the alpha-version of CS-Cart Multi-Store Edition next month. Please follow our official blog page on Twitter for updates: http://twitter.com/#!/cscart . Thank you in advance.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='kswei' timestamp='1314271763' post='120335']

It's now august, we are interested in the Multiple store version, any release date yet ?

pls advice as we are keen to purchase one soonest. thanks !

[/quote]

Since u posted on MV section, I believe u interested in Multi-Store Version B where multi-seller exist. CS haven't started this version yet.

CS will release Beta of Multi-Store Version A on earlier of September where only 1 seller with multiple web stores…