Cannot Get Priority Mail Or Parcel Select (Or Usps Standard Machinable) To Work

I am trying to get regular Priority Mail (not flat rate) and Parcel Select which is now called USPS Standard Machinable to work in 4.0.3 and 4.1.2 but am unable to do so. I have all the settings exactly like what was in my 2.2.5 version but it will not show rates for customers. I was able to get First Class to work fine. Likewise Flat Rate works fine.

I did notice when I do the “test” part in the admin I get the following error:

[quote]

Oops!! Something isn't right.: First Class mail must weigh 13 ounces or less. / RECTANGULAR is an invalid container type for a REGULAR package and PRIORITY service. / This mail service requires Ground Transportation Only. / Service not available. / RECTANGULAR is an invalid container type for a REGULAR package and PRIORITY COMMERCIAL service. / Invalid value specified for Service. Refer to online documentation for valid Service types.

[/quote]

So it appears the system thinks I have something in the settings set to “First Class” when I do not. Has anyone figured out a workaround on this? I could not find anything in the Bug Tracker, so I'm still wondering if they changed some other setting in a drastic way that is messing me up. When I look in the knowledge base at…

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

I don't really see anything that could be messing this up.

Correct USPS Priority shipping no longer works… CS-Cart we all need this fixed ASAP… Your fix in the bug tracker does not work.

Oh my. Two steps forward and three steps back. I would have to agree that CS4 is pretty “buggy”. By the time I get done I'm going to have half my site rigged up with workarounds.

Jim,

The USPS thing isn't just a 4.x thing. The fix I needed was actually for 3.0.6 Ultimate.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1391477627' post='176707']

Jim,

The USPS thing isn't just a 4.x thing. The fix I needed was actually for 3.0.6 Ultimate.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

So they have had this bug since version 3? Oh my! Has the USPS portion of CS-Cart now drifted in to the realm of Quickbooks? Quickbooks has not worked properly for several versions yet they still have it. Now they have not fixed this bug?

If you know USPS Priority Mail (or Parcel Post too) still does not work for you please go to the following item in bug tracker and confirm it…

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-4906-cannot-get-priority-mail-or-parcel-select-or-usps-standard-machinable-to-work/

It appears that CS-Cart feels that it does work in version 3 and they put something that we should post a “new” bug report. Why in the world they can't just fix crap they know is broken is annoying to say the least.

BTW, when you go to the bug tracker page please make sure you click the green yes button under the “Issue Confirmations”.

Well, it's been a week. Any word on a fix?

[quote name='Ayokay' timestamp='1392065554' post='177190']

Well, it's been a week. Any word on a fix?

[/quote]

You would want to get with CS-Cart on a time. Here is the ticket in the bug tracker…

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-4906-cannot-get-priority-mail-or-parcel-select-or-usps-standard-machinable-to-work/

Make sure you confirm it and comment.