Cancel Order Paid With Gift Certificate

Hi,

If an order was paid fully or partially using a gift certificate and needs to be cancelled for some reason, will the gift card code be "filled up" again with the value of the cancelled order? So that it can be used again later..?

It depends on the selected order status for cancelled orders

http://prntscr.com/fn9zmd

Ok, so if the order status is "Cancelled" and the gift card status of Cancelled is set to Active, it means the gift card will be active (possible to use) again if the order is cancelled..?

Ok, so if the order status is "Cancelled" and the gift card status of Cancelled is set to Active, it means the gift card will be active (possible to use) again if the order is cancelled..?

Yes, it should work in this way

Okay, got it! Thanks so much eComLabs :D

You are welcome! :)

Hmm I just tested this. When I cancel an order paid partially with a gift card, the gift card status changes to active, but it seems the value of the gift card is still 0. The original balance is not returned to the gift card. Would I have to manually create a new gift card with the same value in such a situation..?

Hmm I just tested this. When I cancel an order paid partially with a gift card, the gift card status changes to active, but it seems the value of the gift card is still 0. The original balance is not returned to the gift card. Would I have to manually create a new gift card with the same value in such a situation..?

I am afraid, you are right. You need to change the fn_change_gift_certificate_status function (app/addons/gift_certificates/func.php) to change the balance

Okay I will take this into consideration. Thanks for your input once more eComLabs :)