Can you import customer/user list?

I successfully exported 1 user out of my cs-cart so I could see the necessary .csv format to import a full list of users/customers to my cart database. I see no way to actually do the import?? Am I missing something? Please tell me it has this basic functionality?

Hello, jhagg

In order to import users, you should go to Administration > Import data > Users in the administration panel.

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’]Hello, jhagg

In order to import users, you should go to Administration > Import data > Users in the administration panel.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thank you I missed the choices off to the right, thank you very much.

[quote]

Ah, thank you I missed the choices off to the right, thank you very much.

[/quote]

Everybody misses the items on the right. Seems like someone thought it would be a better idea than having tab layers in the top area where the other tabs are located.

What does the “notfiy user” checkbox do? Will they be notified I set them up in bulk by email? I would prefer not…?

What is this used for?

Hello, jhagg

The “Notify customer” option is used for enabling notifications for customers when some appropriate action is processed (e.g. changing an order status, creating a shipment, etc.). If this option is disabled, a customer will not be notified by e-mail about some action.

The “Notify customer” option is used for enabling notifications for customers when some appropriate action is processed (e.g. changing an order status, creating a shipment, etc.). If this option is disabled, a customer will not be notified by e-mail about some action.[/QUOTE]

Thank you,

Is there a string setting to disable this by deafult upon import of csv data?

Hello, jhagg

Unfortunately, this setting cannot be imported in a .csv file with a particular value for each customer.

The “Notify customer” option is used for enabling notifications for customers when some appropriate action is processed (e.g. changing an order status, creating a shipment, etc.). If this option is disabled, a customer will not be notified by e-mail about some action.[/QUOTE]

So just to be clear about this feature, it activates e-mail notifications about order status changes, shipment processing, etc but it will not send them unsolicited email from newsletters, or and account changes I make without me authorizing this correct?

Hello, jhagg

As far as I understand, you mean the “Notify customer” option located on the editing profile page in the administration panel. Note that enabling this option affects only the e-mail that is sent to a customer when editing his/her profile information. It does not affect sending newsletters to a customer.