Can this be done?

I’m looking for either built in functionality or an add on (willing to pay) that would allow people to login and ONLY see a certain number of products.

For example, I want to build a site based on CS-Cart where I could have sellers that list products (similar to ebay, but not in auction format . . . more like a consignment store), but then have those customers login to a back-end that allows them to administer their products and ONLY their products.

Is it possible to setup CS-Cart this way?

It sounds like you’re looking for the multi-store functionality currently on the CSC roadmap. It’s not currently possible to do this in CS-Cart 2.0.x

[quote name=‘sixnin9’]It sounds like you’re looking for the multi-store functionality currently on the CSC roadmap. It’s not currently possible to do this in CS-Cart 2.0.x[/QUOTE]

I don’t know . . . because this would all be one store, but with multiple sellers . . . just like eBay is one store (not counting eBay “stores”) with multiple sellers.

The closest CS-Cart comes to this is the Suppliers add-on which allows you to bind products to suppliers. Perhaps this could be extended so that when logged in as a supplier you could maintain the products assigned to you.

Currently, suppliers cannot log into the Admin area.

Bob