Can someone explain me the "My changes" addon?

So I followed what you said…and it still doesn’t work…do I need to change anything else?

[quote name=‘plumbingdeals’]I have my_changes enabled

I created a folder “/cscart/skins/default_blue/customer/addons/my_changes”, and placed the file: “addon.xml” . Then I created a folder “index”, to which I added a file “bottom-override.tpl”. The code of this file is:

{hook name=“index:bottom.override.tpl”}

This is my footer. Copyrighted!"

{/hook}

I have saved everything, yet it does not work…please, what am I missing?[/QUOTE]

ensure the file name is “bottom.override.tpl” and not “bottom-override.tpl”.

Inside this file, put the code

This is my footer. Copyrighted!"

({hook name=“index:bottom.override.tpl”} & {/hook} should not be in the contents of “bottom.override.tpl”)

sorry to be a pain, but it just won’t work!

The path is /skins/default_blue/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/

The file in index folder is “bottom.override.tpl” which contains “This is my footer. Copyrighted!

I have checked everything, and it just doesn’t work…don’t know what else to say, it just won’t work! Very frustrated :frowning:

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Just use this link:

admin.php?dispatch=categories.manage&cc

Let us know,

Brandon

cleared cache…rebooted…it just won’t work

do I need to edit another tpl file such as index, or bottom, or something/anything?

I know this might sound stupid, but are you sure you have the files in the right skin?

Is it possible to post a link so we can see what is going on? Or just pm me and I’ll do what I can to help out.

Brandon

well I (we) got it to work…

my “evaluation team member”…don’t ya just love buzzwords…looked at what i had done, and determined that i had tried so many things and edits that i had corrupted something…so we reloaded skin from scratch and stared over, an it worked!

thanks for all the help from everyone…much appreciated!

Same thing here…I have already changed some of my skin so you are saying that I have to now re-install the skin which means I have to rdo all my changes to date to get this my_changes to work :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[quote name=‘ibaker’]Same thing here…I have already changed some of my skin so you are saying that I have to now re-install the skin which means I have to rdo all my changes to date to get this my_changes to work :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:[/QUOTE]You can choose to leave your existing changes and make any future changes using the "My changes’ addon.

The real point is that you would likely need to modify your skin at each and every update if you have modified the skin directly instead of using hooks. It’s a case of “pay me now or pay me again and again”.

Bob

Thanks Mate…Just copied the install folder back on to the site, reinstalled the skin, deleted the install folder and the My_changes file worked BUT…I lost all my changes to:

Banner block

Other blocks

Logos

Menu images etc

My live 1.3.5 SP4 site is at http://www.clearprop.com.au and I have some supplier logos across the top…any suggestions on how I can do those in 2.0.8 because it seems something small like this, a simple table and cells, is a major drama now in 2.0.8 :mad:

Thanks again for the suggestion of reinstalling the skin! :slight_smile:

just to be clear…

the only reason i had to re-install skin was i had corrupted some code somewhere. if i hadn’t messed up, i believe it would have worked from the start

[quote name=‘ibaker’]Thanks Mate…Just copied the install folder back on to the site, reinstalled the skin, deleted the install folder and the My_changes file worked BUT…I lost all my changes to:

Banner block

Other blocks

Logos

Menu images etc[/QUOTE]

Were these CSS changes?

[QUOTE]My live 1.3.5 SP4 site is at http://www.clearprop.com.au and I have some supplier logos across the top…any suggestions on how I can do those in 2.0.8 because it seems something small like this, a simple table and cells, is a major drama now in 2.0.8 :mad:[/QUOTE]

Version 2.0.9 will have a new block type (HTML block) which you could use to build your logo table. You can play with it at labs.cs-cart.com/admin.php

Bob

I just started with a fresh install of CS Cart 2.0.15 and started with hooks on a completely unmodified basic skin. I couldn’t get the hooks to take for the life of me. After reading about the user who had to reload their skin I went into Design > Skin Selector and saved the selection of th eBasic skin again. That caused it to create some additional records and viola, hooks started working.

Alane

Hi, I faced the same problems as the topic starter faced. It resolved for me, this way…

I followed the steps on this page…

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

On the 4th step they say

For example:

.mainbox-title span {

color: #2de2de;

font: bold 26px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

}

I couldnt see any changes then it worked for me when I did this

.homepage-hotdeals .mainbox-title span, .homepage-vendors .mainbox-title span {

color: #404040;

font: bold 26px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

}

Let me know if you guys need more help

Hi guys

Im bumping this thread in a hope someone will chime in and clarify things for us n00bs how to correctly use my_changes in latest 4x version of CS Cart.

So far I was very pleased with this app.

Thnks. M