Can someone explain - Combi & Veriant images Display

My shop sell memorabilia, I've divided some of the items in 3 sections - A,B,C for the condition A being the best condition. I might have the same product in all 3 conditions.

I've a global Option and set veriants A,B & C, I've set inventory via Options. I upload a default image and an image for each option veriant.

Product listing - So if I have none of the product in any condition the default image will show if I choose to show all out of stock. This seems to work fine.

The problem come if I have one or two options in stock. I have used the POSITION option for all the options so my understanding is the lowest position 0-1-2 will show on the product listing. But that not happening. Here's an example in the image.

3 products, I sure the setting on all these are the same but I'm hoping some one will tell me why 2 products show the veriant image as expected but one (the 3rd) shows the default. Also if you look in the CODE column they all say CODE:B but two of the items are B and one is A and it's that one that show the default image and not the veriant image.

Hope that makes sense, Want I want is the best veriant image to show in the product listing.

combi-images.png

The cart defaults to Position 0, then assigns the logical sequence, so: 0,1,2,3,…etc.

I've understood what your problem is, but perhaps you could try setting the Positions to 1-2-3 instead of 0-1-2. Who knows, sometimes it's the illogical that works best! Does the third product have stock?

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1360874393' post='155329']

The cart defaults to Position 0, then assigns the logical sequence, so: 0,1,2,3,…etc.

I've understood what your problem is, but perhaps you could try setting the Positions to 1-2-3 instead of 0-1-2. Who knows, sometimes it's the illogical that works best! Does the third product have stock?

[/quote]

I already tried 1-2-3 and yes it has stock. In fact I have other categories that use that because I started with that till I got this problem.

The seems no logic to it, but the must be a difference between the top 2 and the 3rd product somewhere. And it seems that column “Product code” wlill only show one veriant name it won't which back and forth looking for the correct name. I have a categor that shows all “A”

I'm sure there's a reason for it not working as expected but without seeing how everything is set up, we can only make some suggestions which may seem obvious but usually it's the obvious that is overlooked. If every setting is the same between the 3 products, perhaps you should call in Support to investigate?

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1360884067' post='155357']

I'm sure there's a reason for it not working as expected but without seeing how everything is set up, we can only make some suggestions which may seem obvious but usually it's the obvious that is overlooked. If every setting is the same between the 3 products, perhaps you should call in Support to investigate?

[/quote]

Well thats an option but in the 5 days it'll take to get an overview response I hope to fix it myself. It's not top of the fix list yet, but I want to thank you for your help. without you and others in this forum that give your time I wouldn't have got this far.

Well I've exported the database tables to examine the differences on these products, the product_options_inventroy and options etc anything that might contain data that makes up these 3 products. All the same so I assume this is a code issue and I can't examine that as I don't code.

I'm now wondering if this could be a file permission problem. The reason is I've just cloned a product and then edited the clone deleting the default image and adding it's own image. Problem although this default shows in the admin and admin product listing it shows the old image on the front product listing. I've cleared all the ceches inc even other browser.

Does cs-cart use a database quiry ceche ?

Did you clear the images cache: admin.php?ct

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1360951635' post='155454']

Did you clear the images cache: admin.php?ct

[/quote]

Yes, in the end I just deleted that and setup a new product.

I got a feeling all the imports I've done have inserted some data in the wrong feilds, the is no way of knowing this unless you examine the raw database table and I only recently discovered the semicolon is a valid char used by cscart when exporting. So csv file can easily split on that char if not carefull. I started using TAB instead of semicolon and I suggest everyone do the same. Alhough an option to use your own, for example semiquaver ~ or ¬ ^

I've decided to just get on and get the products in the database then sort out the bits and bobs with listing and options once I've clean the database.