Can product options be hidden on list page?

I have customizable products, so each has a slueth of options. Is there anyway to keep the options from showing on the product listing page, and just have them show when a customer clicks on the product? Having all the options show in the listing makes the page look cluttered and hard to read.

Thanks,

In skins/your-skin/customer/blocks/product_list_templates/products.tpl

You should have:

show_product_options=$show_product_options|default:true

Try changing it to false

Hope that does it.

Brandon

Under Settings > Appearance > Product list default layout, select “List without options”.

Thank you, I just finished getting all my products in and am now going to re-add the options and will try this.

=)

[quote name='PrintedPerfection' timestamp='1314705763' post='120637']

Thank you, I just finished getting all my products in and am now going to re-add the options and will try this.

=)

[/quote]

Worked perfectly! Thank you!

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1313303267' post='119489']

In skins/your-skin/customer/blocks/product_list_templates/products.tpl

You should have:

show_product_options=$show_product_options|default:true

Try changing it to false

Hope that does it.

Brandon

[/quote]

Brandon,

This fix rocked! I have one other question though. Is there also a way to hide the options on the product display page that shows when someone searches for something specific? As it is, all the options are cleverly hidden on the main pages when someone browses, but when they search for a particular term the results display the products with all the options like they originally did.

Thanks!!!

How do I add a product on the main page (Catalog) because the admin doesn't allow me to add products without selecting a category. I want to appear some of my products on the main page (catalog). How do I do this?

[quote name='mifzal' timestamp='1319866944' post='124821']

How do I add a product on the main page (Catalog) because the admin doesn't allow me to add products without selecting a category. I want to appear some of my products on the main page (catalog). How do I do this?

[/quote]

Hi Mifzal,

I am a newbie yet, but I think what you're wanting can be achieved by going into “Design” → “Blocks”, then clicking on the “Home Page” and then adding products in the “featured” block. Make sure to activate it.

[quote name='PrintedPerfection' timestamp='1319903955' post='124840']

Hi Mifzal,

I am a newbie yet, but I think what you're wanting can be achieved by going into “Design” → “Blocks”, then clicking on the “Home Page” and then adding products in the “featured” block. Make sure to activate it.

[/quote]

Hello PrintedPerfection,

Thank you so much. It works. I really appreciate it:)

All this time, the new products kept appearing but now, new products stopped appearing. Any idea why it is?