Can i import tags in the import products csv

Hi. can i import tags in the csv file? I do have the search words filed but i have like 5.000 products and if i need to write tags will be long timeeeee.

is there a way maybe to add them in the csv and when im importing they will be imported?

Thanks

bump

I don’t see this as an option, does anyone know how to mod this? It could take hours to do this manually!

Any oneeeeee? jsut some ideas maybe?

Did you come up with a solution?

I’m poking through the mysql right now to see if I can add it there.

Edited: Unfortunately it looks like the tags are set up in 2 tables so it will be really difficult to import directly into mysql.

We’re having this same issue on our site. There’s got to be an easy way to import the tags :confused:

I submitted a feature request:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1174[/url]

Feel free to reply to it with your thoughts.

Have you heard anything back or figured out a solution

In Version 2.08

Just add: #after the Detailed image name. Se below for example.

Detailed image

myprod.jpg#My Product Name

EagleRose

I tried that but it did not work.

Vote here if you need this feature:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/507837-add-the-ability-to-import-tags-for-products[/url]

[quote name=‘EagleRose’]In Version 2.08

Just add: #after the Detailed image name. Se below for example.

Detailed image

myprod.jpg#My Product Name

EagleRose[/QUOTE]

That sets the ‘alt’ attribute. Now you might be able to use it for tags by looking at the product image data in the DB and then have your own protocol/naming convention for ‘alt’ so you can also use it for a tag.

Just a thought…

I want to be able to import the product tags… as in the tags found in the cscart_tags and cscart_tag_links mysql tables…

I’m guessing that solution is for image alt tags?

[quote name=‘ogia’]I want to be able to import the product tags… as in the tags found in the cscart_tags and cscart_tag_links mysql tables…

I’m guessing that solution is for image alt tags?[/QUOTE]

Using the image alt tag only gets the ‘name’ in the database somewhere…

I’ve not used tags so I’m not sure how they work. Aren’t they on a per-user basis? Or do you ‘tag’ products and the users add those tags to their tag lists?

If you tag products, what does the user_id become in the tag_links table.

Could you look at yours and see? I only have 3 in my DB and they are all associated with user_id == 1.

Tags are tied to users in the tag_links database but anyone can access the tags. They link to search results showing all the items tagged with that particular keyword. Users can access the tags they have created in their account.

So when you assign a tag to a product it only goes in the ‘tags’ table and has a ‘type’ (like ‘p’) and an object_id (which would be the product_id in this case).

So if one were to use the image alt tag as a “holder” for a product tag (or list of tags) it would be reasonable to write an addon that could create tags from the image alt attributes that are related to each product. All the info is there.

Seems like the ‘tags’ addon should supply Exim support similar to the SEO addon… That would be the right way to solve the problem. If tags are enabled then you’d have a ‘Tags’ column.

The code from addons/seo/schemas/exim/products.post.php doesn’t look too complex… This could probably be figured out to have it be “importable” if someone were willing to take the time to do so… It’s a “post” controller for Exim so there’s no invasion of core cart code.

I’m interested in this feature as well…