Can I do this?

In CS-Cart I would create the following categories, and assign products to these categories as usual.

[COLOR=“Blue”]Canon > Ink Jet Printers

Canon > Laser Printers

Canon > Multifunction Printers[/COLOR]

I would like to edit how the product list page displayed products. The user would click in a top level category called Canon. Rather than showing the 3 categories like:

[COLOR=“Blue”]Home > Canon

[/COLOR]

Ink Jet Printers

Laser Printers

Multifunction Printers

I would like to to display as follows:

[COLOR=“Blue”]Home > Canon

[/COLOR]

Ink Jet Printers

Products in Ink Jet Printers category here

Laser Printers

Products in Laser Printers category here

Multifunction Printers

Products in Multifunction Printers category here

If I read this right, all you should have to do is continue to create subcategories in Home—> Manage Categories

“Add subcat”

So, one complete line would be

Home > Canon > Ink Jet Printers > Products

Home > Canon > Laser Printers > Products

(etc…)

Nope, sorry it’s hard to explain. Basically I want to create top level and sub categories as usual, but I want then to all display including products when I user selects the top level category

Normally CS-Cart would just show the subcategories of Canon, but I would like it to show the subcategories followed by the products under that subcategory right on the one page. Items in bold below are the subcategories, item in [COLOR=“Blue”]blue[/COLOR] are products. This way a user is presented with all the Printer Products Canon sells here on this one page, sort of displayed in a one page categorized report format.

[COLOR=“Green”]Breadcumbs: Home > Canon[/COLOR] <—The User is there, here are not products as this level

Ink Jet Printers

[COLOR=“Blue”]All Ink Jet Printers Products here[/COLOR]

Laser Printers

[COLOR=“Blue”]All Products in Laser Printers category here[/COLOR]

Multifunction Printers

[COLOR=“Blue”]All Products in Multifunction Printers category here[/COLOR]

I gotcha…

probably can, but with some extensive changes to the template that presents the sub-cat, and i am not sure where else those changes may affect the other parts of the cart…

(some “if” statements, some “foreach” statements, and the cat and subcat descriptions with product titles)

but i am pretty sure it could be done…

[quote name=‘mclamais’]Nope, sorry it’s hard to explain. Basically I want to create top level and sub categories as usual, but I want then to all display including products when I user selects the top level category

Normally CS-Cart would just show the subcategories of Canon, but I would like it to show the subcategories followed by the products under that subcategory right on the one page. Items in bold below are the subcategories, item in [COLOR=“Blue”]blue[/COLOR] are products. This way a user is presented with all the Printer Products Canon sells here on this one page, sort of displayed in a one page categorized report format.

[COLOR=“Green”]Breadcumbs: Home > Canon[/COLOR] <—The User is there, here are not products as this level

Ink Jet Printers

[COLOR=“Blue”]All Ink Jet Printers Products here[/COLOR]

Laser Printers

[COLOR=“Blue”]All Products in Laser Printers category here[/COLOR]

Multifunction Printers

[COLOR=“Blue”]All Products in Multifunction Printers category here[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Hi did you manage to do this?

I could really do with this on my site.

Thanks

No, I did not.